wind mit signiture

I have a client out of state needing a wind mit. The house is managed by a real estate management company that handles all repairs and what not, and the home is occupied. Who do I get to sign the wind mit form, can the person living in the house that will be there sign off, even though it is not there house or policy on insurance?

The insurer/owner should sign.

Email the owner have them sign it, scan it and send it back.

Use Echosign to have them sign it. Its’ free for a certain amount of signatures a month

I thought Echosign uses electronic signatures (non-graphic). CIT won’t accept those on the form. I may be wrong though.

It turns the text into a signature but then also has a blurb below that it was esigned. I fail to see why said insurer does not honor esigs when there was a US ecommerce act passed (ESIGN) that specifically enforces it as valid. They may be large but cannot go against US law.

Glen does it work for you all the time. I have never esigned nothing and always use the wet look. Jpeg or tablet etc. a drawing on the screen, kinda works like photoshop with pdfill. Never an issue with it no matter who signed or how it looked as long a something is there.

I’ve had it kicked back for an esig just once. Usually like you do, I just have client sign there, but doesn’t always work with out of state. I won’t go into how I worked around the kicked back esig, wink wink nudge nudge. Try Echosign out for yourself, like I said, it’s free for like a few a month, won’t ever use it more than that.

Cool thanks for the info

Per the 1802 form. Never had a problem.

Homeowner to complete: I certify that the named Qualified Inspector or his or her employee did perform an inspection of the
residence identified on this form and that proof of identification was provided to me** or my Authorized Representative.**

Obviously you do not understand that statement. The rep can be at the site and verify your ID, but cannot sign the form according to the wording. However, doing reinspections, the rep WAS allowed to sign the “inspection acknowledgement form”. Go figure.

Since my clients are not the homeowners yet…now what? Sometimes a little common sense is warranted. Back to the nuances of the 1802.

Brad,
The word “and” would seem to disprove your statement

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT][size=2]“Homeowner to complete: I certify that the named Qualified Inspector or his or her employee did perform an inspection of the[/size][/FONT]
[size=2][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT]residence identified on this form and that proof of identification was provided to me or my Authorized Representative.”

Only the homeowner can sign (name insured). They really should revise this with the next update to include representatives. I let the insurance agent take care of this part if the owner is not present. They usually have a stack of papers for the owner to sign anyway.
[/size][/FONT]

If they are not there to sign it, I send the report, have them sign using the pencil tool in Adobe, save the document and e mail it to the agent. Or, they can print out the signature page, sign it, then fax it to the agent.

For some unknown reason, the insurance companies, and for that matter, everyone involved in the real estate industry, as we just purchased a home, do not want to make the leap into the 21st century and do everything digitally! :mrgreen:

Do you send them a pic of your drivers license to verify who you are…maybe skype them or something. Just sayin…

I include a copy of my state license with the wind mitigation inspection report.

I think we all do that. So the consensus is it’s ok to have a representative sign the form.

How did you get to that conclusion?

Not Me.

IT IS NOT NECESSARY. Nor requested therefore a TOTAL waste of space and time or as many would say FLUFF.