Wind Mitigation Inspections

With the new wind mitigation form,at the bottom of the 4th page is a box that is for the inspector to sign the form, which states as an employee of the contractor. you are permitted to now perform wind miti- … Am i reading right? I love to find out about this as I’m giving up 10 to 15 a away each week…

That’s the problem. “Employee”

Dozens of contractors were subing out the WM for inspectors. Signing off the other’s inspection for a percentage.

I do not know of any that are doing that now.

The legal requirements of the Contractor/Employee relationship in Florida is expensive.

It’s not worth it to me.

You got that right. The only way to make money is to do it yourself.

The liability as well. Your signing an admission of liability.

It’s clear that the OIR is determined to severly limit who can perform these inspections.

It is not the OIR who is trying to limit who can do the inspections.

I do not think they are trying to limit it nearly enough. If it is not limited then there will be NO money in them for anyone. Supply and demand. I really believe that it will not be worth my time for very much longer.

I do not think they are trying to limit it nearly enough. If it is not limited then there will be NO money in them for anyone. Supply and demand. I really believe that it will not be worth my time for very much longer. Once any Tom, Dick, or Harry can do them then they all will do them and none of them will be worth a crap.