Wind Mitigation Inspectors

How do you carry your MT-6?

How would you like to carry your MT-6?

What is the biggest problem carrying your MT-6?

What is your best advice for carrying your MT-6?

Have you found anything that can replace the MT-6?

Hows this for an non-confrontational thread?

I would love your opinions as I am seeking a better methods than my back pocket or a pouch on my side that does not fit to well.

Are there any other tools that you use daily that you find to be a pain in the a s s like I do the MT-6?

Looking forward to you comments.

Certainly non-confrontational, along with a few other adjectives refrained at this moment…

I keep it, along with a clamp, markers,mask,ruler, towel in the back well under the floor in the Durango.

I put my ladder in place, open the hatch to see if I am even going to have to use the MT-6 and if needed, I bring all of the tools up, take the measurements then the pictures, and am done.

I can’t understand the need for a pouch. (non-confrontational, just saying I have never needed one)

If you really wanted to, you could drill a hole in it and run a rope through it to carry it around your neck… :smiley:
Added with edit: If it is a pain in the ***…you are using it wrong!

Everyone obviously has their own system. Have tried a couple different ways and we all know if homes were all the same it would be so much easier. I carry a bucket with a boot and try to place in a central location depending on type of inspection. Usually WM’s & 4 Pt’s my bucket stays near the attic opening in most cases in the garage. As you can see in my pictures it has many functions. I carry what I need up the ladder and put it all back when I am done. When it’s nice out or you are dirty or not invited in to finish the report my bucket doubles as a computer stand with a fold out chair that is small enough to fit in your back pocket.

SAM_5035.jpg
SAM_5035.jpg

SAM_5037.jpg

SAM_5038.jpg

SAM_5036.jpg

This fits everything I need for a WM, comes on and off very easily.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/McGuire-Nicholas-8-Pocket-Universal-Organizer-1DM-804/100634098#.UYpJ88qU8v4

Interesting keep them coming. I used to use a similar pocket but the little ruler and markers sometimes fell and the mt-6 never seemed snug enough.

Cargo pants side pocket .

I have just recently started using my xmas presents since it is the first time I started working since dec 11 :frowning: Its been a couple of weeks now and I have been using 511 tactical shorts. Mt in the back pocket.

I was wondering if anyone makes a holder especially for it you could clip on. Pouches do not tend to work too well for be because of the odd shape.

The one I have slips into your pocket or over your belt.
I believe the one posted from Home Depot does the same.
I got mine at Sears

I use a pouch that can clip to my waist band or tool belt. You can get these at Lowes or HD.

Everything needed, Zircon, rule, dept ruler, markers, and spare batteries.

I like that pouch Jay. I use a zippered pouch for it but keep it along with knee pads, respirator markers and rules with clamps in a small carry-on bag I take into the attic with me. May look into that pouch though you have.

Bert

I used to use that as well Jay. I am liking the 5.11 shorts better now :slight_smile:

Humberto, what kind of resprirator do you use and do you recommend it?

Sorry just got back on here Jay. This is what I use. Nothing too over the top but gets the job done…Buy the filters you need according to the intended use…

Bert

Here’s a good website for different safety related equipment as well…

http://www.gemplers.com/respirators-acces

Bert

Thank you Bert

Jay,

Nice window graphic. Is that an interior sun shade graphic or full window decal?

Thank you, Full window decal.

Cool, thanks for the reply.