windmitigation/4point priceing

what is the going rate for these inspections wind mitigation and four point inspections

Almost free. Well actually a lot of times free. With just about every home inspection.

You should start doing them immediately :slight_smile:

Update your profile so we can help you better.

It depends on area. What areas do you cover?

Whatever you think it is worth to you to do them. To me, $200.00 for each if they are stand alone services.

Discussions of pricing is not ethical and may be in violation of collusion or anti-trust laws.

Why ?

Read the Federal Trade Commision Act- Anti Trust Laws. I would also think this is a potential ethics violation of InterNACHI membership rules. Al lOrganizations I am a member of forbid discussion of procing between members to protect the integrity of the association.

**A plain agreement among **competitors to fix prices is almost always illegal, whether prices are fixed at a minimum, maximum, or within some range. Illegal price fixing occurs whenever two or more competitors agree to take actions that have the effect of raising, lowering or stabilizing the price of any product or service without any legitimate justification.

[size=1][FONT=HelveticaNeue-Roman][FONT=Arial][size=3]Price-fixing schemes are often worked out in secret and can be hard to uncover, but an agreement can be discovered from “circumstantial” evidence. For example, if direct competitors have a pattern of unexplained identical contract terms or price behavior together with other factors (such as the lack of legitimate business explanation), unlawful price fixing may be the reason. Invitations to coordinate prices also can raise concerns, as when one competitor announces publicly that it is willing to end a price war if its rival is willing to do the same, and the terms are so specific that competitors may view this as an offer to set prices jointly.[/size]

[size=3]Antitrust scrutiny [/size]

[size=3]may occur when[/size]

[size=1][FONT=HelveticaNeue-Roman][FONT=Arial][size=3]competitors discuss the following topics:

Present or future prices
Terms or conditions of sale, including credit
terms
Pricing policies
Discounts
Promotions
Identity of customers
Bids
Allocation of customers or sales areas
Costs
Production quotas
Capacity

[/size][/size]

R&D plans
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/size]

Well if that is the case, every gas station in the country is in violation of anti trust laws for posting there prices on a bill board in front of their buisness. So if all inspectors were to post their prices on their website, everyone would have access to it cause it is public. No scam ,no agreements, no secert actions. In plain view for everyone who searches.This is no different from any store or gas station that advertise priceing.

Isn’t your reply a little on the paranoid side ?? All the new guy asked is what the going rate was. I seriously doubt he has an ulterior motive of price fixing.
I’m sure when you first started out you absorbed some pricing of others in your part of the world. Loosen up your panties and help.

I know it sounds paranoid but the way to hell is paved with good intentions. As a past officer of several national and international associations I can tell you this is a big deal and introduces the appearance of impropriety.

For that reason it should be avoided in discussions hosted by our association. Just plain old good business and common sense, not paranoia.

However cheap they appear now… They will continue to sink, there appears to be no bottom…

If you look at websites one offers $40.00 wind, another says $200.00. Pick a price inbetween those and you are within range.