What would you call it.

Just curious what you all think :smiley: It is a 1966 home in Hollywood Florida.

What would you write for roof to wall connection on the 1802 rev 2/10 form?

It is nailed on the opposite side.

exactly what we discussed. take back pic for now on

I wasn’t talking to you :slight_smile:

I agree with you and did as discussed. I am just asking to see what these fellas think.

Thanks again for you opinion on the matter.

Looks like a wrap but can not see the opposing nailed side.

Other, wrap with two nails on one side and one on the opposite side. You then allow the underwriter to decide. Personally I would like to see the difference in uplift capacity for this tested side by side with the 3 and 1 the form wants.

I bet there is no appreciable difference.

On that one I could not get to it to photograph. It was a small hole in the garage that I could just get in enough to photograph from that angle. the others were attached on the other side just after the going over and down the truss about an inch.

Clip: Metal attachment that does NOT meet the nail requirement of a single wrap.

I would perfer all my competion to mark OTHER…

So what was discussed that the Meeker didn’t agree with…

and why doesn’t the Meeker agree!!!

Why does Brian think other instead of clip?

I agree with Dennis he is the first guy I asked.

I was curious to see what others thought of it.

I think there is many a underwriter that would think that was 3 nails on the one side.

Interesting…I didn’t see the third fastener on the bottom.

Things that make you hmmmmmmmm. :).

It does blend.

Hmmmmmmmm…

I don’t believe that ‘item’ at the bottom is a nail…

I do not believe it is either, but I did wonder a bit. I zoomed in on the computer. As Dennis told me if I could have seen the other side I do not believe I would have seen a nail bent over around the bottom of the truss. I have seen it before but never so high up the truss. It has always appeared to go below the truss this one looks like it penetrates the truss.

I believe people get wrap credit for that a lot and I believe it would be a common mistake.

It is the attachment b/n the plate and the strap of the hurricane tie. It can easily be mistaken for a nail. The lack of rust and it position is the give away.

More modern Hurricane ties often lack the revit.

I have seen these also in 1960’s construction. But instead of the revit at the bottom the bracket had a slit and the metal passed through it and into the bond beam. With only two nails on the front side it was an easy call. But as someone mentioned I bet it’s as strong as any single wrap.

Hey Mike—very simailar to todays Simpson META with TSS------mark it clip not enough nails

Fred,

I did end up marking as clip after zooming in on the computer and talking to Dennis.

I have seen it before but they always appeared lower.

I figured posting these pictures and talking about it might help others from calling it a wrap.

may be interesting on who the insurance policy is with. One company may down grade with other the other comapny will have you re-inspected if you check clip. hmmmm

So careful. your competion may be right.

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT][size=2]"Clips Metal attachments on every rafter/truss that are nailed to one side (or both sides in the case of a diamond
type clip) of the rafter/truss and attached to the top plate of the wall frame or embedded in the bond beam.:

Please explain how the pictured attachment is not a metal attachment meeting the definition above?

FYI, Because Bill York says so is not an acceptable reason.
[/size][/FONT]

Sometimes people forget that it is their name on the bottom of the form and not Bill’s