Certified Renovator Inspector Online Video Course

This thread is dedicated for students to discuss the 45-minute “Renovation Inspection Video” online course.

Got a summary for us Ben ?
Rehab consultation service for all the torn up foreclosures perhaps?

Do not tease us Ben.
Just a sample will heal my curiosity.

This 45-minute video is for home inspectors.
http://www.nachi.tv/environmental/lead-safety-renovation-inspection.htm

Home inspectors play an important role in helping to prevent lead exposure. Inspectors can ensure that renovation is performed in accordance with lead-safe work practice requirements.

This 45-minute video reviews what contractors must do in order to perform lead-safe work practices.

*(If you are a contractor, become Lead-Safe Certified through the InterNACHI 8-hour RRP course). *

Very good Ben. Thanks. Keep them coming.

Colorado the only available location for the 2 hours of hands on training requirement at this time?

No.
We are working in cooperation with EPA approved trainers throughout the country.
We’ll find a trainer to provide the 2-hour hands-on session for you. There is a fee associated with that training, and the national average is $200-250, but we’re negotiating with trainers to bring that cost down for InterNACHI members.

Love to see those numbers 00000 Ben.
Get it up in Canada to. I know it not the same Ben.
Please look into Canada for us Eskimos.

Ben,
When are you going to have a class on the inspection side. I have my contractors through Titan, but cannot complete the inspection process. Training ???

starting course

ok thx

lets go

getting started

getting ready to watch it now!

Getting started

Great info thank you

I just completed the course and have a question about the maintaining of records.

If renovation work was completed prior to a real estate home inspection on a home possibly containing lead paint, should the seller provide documentation as to who completed the renovation and when?

I know the records are to be kept for three years after the renovation so if the renovation occurred more than three years earlier, no one may have records.

If records should be available, and are not (indicating these steps were probably not taken), what, if anything, should be noted on the inspection report?

Thanks,

Clark

Starting course now

I am beginning course.

starting this coarse now…looks interesting!

Kirk Metz