"Electrical Panel Inspection Training Video" course

This thread is dedicated exclusively for those students currently enrolled in the InterNACHI online “Advanced Electrical Inspection Training” video course.

Upon successful completion of this course, you shall be able to inspect an electrical panel, including identifying common electrical violations, defects and concerns. Follow the instructors as they perform inspections at mock-up panels and components in the studio and on-location at two residential properties.

Students are free to pose questions and comments here and join in the conversation with other students. The thread will be monitored by the course instructor.

Contact: Director of Education, Ben Gromicko ben@internachi.org

Thank you.

16 Likes

I look forward to completing both the basic and advanced electrical courses. Thanks for making them available to us.

4 Likes

Watching the electrical video

1 Like

Ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

I do not want to go through the inspector outlet to get a pdf on the course.
How can I by-pass this?

This video presentation was a good back up course for the “how to conduct electrical inspection” course. However it would have been good if they included an inspection of a fuse box type service panel as I’m sure they are encountered often with many violations and hazards?

Our InspectorOutlet provides a lot of our inspection checklists as free downloads. You can also get PDF textbooks, printed textbooks, and a ton of inspection tools.

I like the magnet handles Powerful Ergonomic Handle Magnet – Inspector Outlet

Starting it now excited to see the videos

good morning

Where`s the video for the electrical panel inspectionor any of the other videos?

Starting

1 Like

thank you for all educational opportunities…

Awesome sight!

Advanced electrical

Looking forward to this course!

I cannot find a supplemental grounding electrode at my home. There is a bond at the copper water pipe but cannot see anything else. My house was built in 1954 in Canada. It is a block foundation with a finished basement and the side where the service entrance is located is my concrete driveway. Was it always required to have the grounding electrode? What level of concern would this be when writing up a report?

Looks like another great course. Thanks:D

In your video you state that transformers are not allowed inside panels
Article 408.38 of the NEC states that panel boards shall be mounted inside cabinets. Article 312, cabinets & cut-out boxes. Cabinets have a yellow and red tag which states the cabinet is UL listed. Article 312.11(A) states that ample space between metal parts of devices and apparatus mounted with in them, some restrictions apply. Are not transformers, relays etc, consider an apparatus or device which then according to this article would allow them to be installed in a load center?
Thanks
Walt Burgwin

Good question. I believe the best practice is to not mount it within the panel, and that is what we teach our members. I believe if a doorbell transformer were to be used in the breaker panel, it would have to be listed for such use and also listed on the panel label by the manufacturer.