Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Student Discussions This is a forum for discussing InterNACHI's Inspection Courses.

Old 4/22/18, 3:12 PM
InterNACHI Member

Defensible space is crucial to home defense against both structure related fire and spreading wildfire. It assists by removing burnable fuel from area around the home. It also allows area for fire apparatus to park and for firefighters to make access to the interior of a structure. Ponds and pools can make easy access as a water supply for fire apparatus.

Need a home inspection in New Hampshire? Check out InterNACHI's listing of New Hampshire certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 4/22/18, 8:00 PM
Student Inspector

I find more expired smoke and carbon monoxide detectors than most other problems during my inspections. I stress to my clients how important the detectors really are to their families well being. I found many with no batteries and hanging from the ceilings

"How to Inspect the Exterior" Course
Old 4/22/18, 8:30 PM
Student Inspector

I was not aware that septic tanks need to be pumped out every two to three years. The county to which I live in says five to six years is more than enough time to have the tank cleaned out

Old 4/22/18, 9:18 PM
InterNACHI Member

Chimney had no apron, tiles separated from chimney.
Went into attic space and notice signs of direct leak coming from space between decking of roof and chimney, as well as to ceiling of room directly bellow. Examination and service recommended.

Old 4/22/18, 9:18 PM
InterNACHI Member

Chimney had no apron, tiles separated from chimney.
Went into attic space and notice signs of direct leak coming from space between decking of roof and chimney, as well as to ceiling of room directly bellow. Examination and service recommended.

Old 4/23/18, 12:27 AM
InterNACHI Member

This is a picture of the underside of a deck recently inspected. There is no visable hardware attaching the ledger board to the house. Hoist hangers were not used as well and many of the nails did not look like they were adequately securing joists to the ledger.

Old 4/23/18, 12:39 AM
InterNACHI Member

I read "A garage inspection". In the inspection there were a few defects explained. First was the roof trusses were set on an incorrect load bearing point. Second at that point the wrong size hanger and hardware was used and the hardware went through drywall.