"Inspecting Tile Roofs" online video course

This thread is dedicated exclusively for those students currently enrolled in the InterNACHI online video course titled, "Inspecting Tile Roofs."
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have a good working knowledge of the inspection of tile roofs including identification of the different types, performance and aging characteristics, common defects, and wind and hail damage.

Special thanks to Kenton Shepard, InterNACHI Director of Green Building and International Development, for the content – the result of two years of exceptional research, photography and writing.

The Inspecting Tile Roofs online video course includes:

• 4 training videos;
  • 47 minutes of training video;
  • 1 quiz;
  • 51-page student book download;
  • 35-question final exam (drawn from a much larger pool);
  • 2 Continuing Education credit hours;
  • instant grading;
  • a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion; and
  • accreditations and state approvals.

The Inspecting Tile Roofs online video course covers the following topics:

• Tile Profiles
  • Types
  • Interlocking
  • Overlapping
  • Butting
  • Birdstop
  • Damage
  • Fire Rating
  • Hail
  • Wind
  • Installation
  • Sheathing
  • Slope
  • Underlayment
  • Flashing
  • Fasteners
  • Concrete Tiles
  • Manufacturing Process
  • Manufacturing Problems
  • Shrinkage Cracks
  • Warranties
  • Underlayment
  • Concrete Tile Installation
  • Joint Alignment
  • Weight
  • Compression Cracking
  • Defect Recognition
  • Walking Upon
  • Interlocking Edge Problems
  • Missing
  • Loose
  • Fastener Failure
  • End of Useful Life
  • Clay Tile Manufacturing
  • Vitrification
  • Porosity
  • Density
  • Standards
  • Clay Tile Profiles
  • Clay Tile Installation
  • Roof Deck
  • Flashing
  • Inspection Techniques

And, in keeping with InterNACHI’s commitment to Continuing Education, this course is open and free to all members, and can be taken again and again, without limit.

Students are free to pose questions and comments here and join in the conversation with other students. The thread will be monitored by the course instructor.

Contact: Director of Education, Ben Gromicko ben@internachi.org

Thank you.

5 Likes

I really want to take this course. I have been bounced around for 10 minutes to this forum. I wish I could get to the course.

Ron,
Click this link http://www.nachi.org/inspecting-tile-roof-online-video-course.htm
Within the course, you’re asked to visit the message board thread for the course. Just visit that page, then close that page to get back to the course.

1 Like

Hope this is less confusing than wood roof shake and shingle inspection

2 Likes

getting started on a new class. Really like them so far

ok on with the course

I have been taking this course and I have been getting frustrated with not passing the final exam. I have watched all of the videos multiple times and I easily pass the quiz. Is there a way to see what questions I am missing on the final exam.

1 Like

Three courses down seventeen to go. I am loving the courses but I do wish each section had a downloadable study guide along with them.

3 Likes

lets do it

OK let’s see…

Starting Course Now!!!

Starting this class now.

I am ready to begin

starting now

Ok starting

very happy with the way course is going.
as working in the construction field for 20yrs.
the information is real world.

Many of the questions on the exam are the same or very similar to the quiz questions. It is all “out there”. You just have to find a way to retain it. Learning is typically a function of repetition. It is the retention curve rule. You will forget things with a function of time unless it is refreshed.

The exam questions are able to be reviewed at the end. Copy that and do a self grading by comparing those questions to the quiz and the course material.
The self grading exercise will be a valuable study and retention tool by forcing you to concentrate on the material. It will help you by focusing on areas you may be weak on. The search for the correct answers will force you to do an in depth review of all of the material.

The drawback is that it will be more time consuming.

All of us learn in different ways. Audio, visual, reading, writing and note taking, speaking.

One trick for mastering a subject is to teach the subject. Gets the adrenelin pumping which focuses learning.

I agree that I would like to see the answers that I missed on an exam. Kind of a matter of pride. I would like to get them all right. Even the final exam should be a part of learning process. The goal here should be the same, to be an expert and a great inspector.

Something I would like to see in the course is a loop that takes us back to the material relevant to the question with a click of the mouse.

1 Like

Ok great!

Starting course

Thanks
Jeremy

Ok, here we go

Another feather in the cap.

http://www.houstontx.gov/em/graphics/emwin03/feather-cap.gif