"General Roof Inspection" online training video course

This thread is dedicated exclusively for those students currently enrolled in the InterNACHI online video course “General Roof Inspection.”
After successful completion of this course, the student will be able to perform a residential roof inspection and recognize general roof defects.

And, in keeping with InterNACHI’s commitment to Continuing Education, this course is open and free to all members, and can be taken again and again, without limit.

Students are free to pose questions and comments here and join in the conversation with other students. The thread will be monitored by the course instructor.

Contact: Director of Education, Ben Gromicko ben@internachi.org

Thank you.

1 Like

Upon observation the roof, we noticed that it was dry and relatively clean. The roof appears to have positive drainage to the 4 scuppers located in each of the corners.

Starting the general roofing course…

starting the general roofing course.

Hope to get some good info.

Starting general roof course

Starting Course:)

Let’s rock

Starting course :cool:

My cousin is started this course last month. I am a professional writer and working for custom essay writing service. I am planning to do this course.

Just started my " general roof inspection" course

Taking this course

I did my roof inspection and found some missing shingles, no Ridge cap(but the interior was cut for it) it was shingled over. As well as some minor abrasions where the tree branches were rubbing.

typical truss roof on addition with an over frame onto original house.

Here is an example of wood in contact with the roof surface as well as accumulation of debris which will hold moisture in contact with the wood siding and roofing material. This and the lack of guttering and downspouts were mentioned in the report along with the need to repair the chimney rain cap which showed cracking.

IMG00219-20140728-0908.jpg

We have an improperly installed flashing boot. The installer failed to lap the roofing materials over the boot flange, leaving exposed edges. This failure makes the penetration susceptible to moisture penetration and premature wearing of surrounding materials.

Good morning this is David from Harris home inspections The attached picture is of a new roof however the tree lambs are close to the roof and should be cut back if not this could cause an early roof failure by debris laying on top of the roof and overhanging tree limbs being too close to the chimney that may cause a fire

The second requirement requires inspection of the roof I did this from the ground level the roof is new all the flashings and place the vent pipes are properly booted the only issues I see is the tree limbs little too close to the fireplace and the roof in the debris that may fall on the roof from the tree

Roof showed signs of sagging around roof stack. This turned out to be a vent pipe for a reznor heater that was not only flashed incorrectly, but failed to maintain a proper clearance from combustible materials

Great course!

Ive got 10 different articles about “General Roof Inspection” online training video course at prewritten papers from EssayKitchen website