Attic Ventilation "Requires Further Evaluation"

I never thought that I’d go the “Further Evaluation” route concerning attic ventilation, but hey, my job is to call it out not to fix it right?
So I have a look into a 1972 two story (Wisconsin), gable roof from the attic. The sheathing and tops of the rafters have the sighns of mold and moisture. Not roting, but in my opinion,the evidence or moisture should be addressed. (some difficulty uploading photos…)The attic had 7" of blown in fiberglass and no vapor barior. The roof (around 900 sq ft) had four roof vents and soffit vents. The 2 bath fans seemed to vent into the soffit box.
For the record, I tried to detail the bath vents exit, but couldnt see through the AL soffit. In the end I didn’t beleive the vents could/would stain all across the attic. My thought is that the minimal vapor barior (paint & drywall) combined with the minimal, (non backed) insulation, the leaky hatch, and the humidifier use combined to cause the 40 year moisture history.
Still I called for further evaluation…I really wanted to pass that call on to an insulation/ventilation guy.
Still I’m curious as to the verdict of the ventilation contractor, so I contact the buyer and ask her to fill me in as to the results of their inspection. She says that they havn’t been there yet but will let me know when they complete the repairs so I can come back and inspect their work!
Yes I did quote her a fee in case this situation arrised…
Now I have a suspision that when I get there I’ll find thet the ‘bad guys’ talked her into modifying the bath vents to exit the roof and call it a repair. I’m sure I’ll then have to tell the expert that that ain’t good enough. Theyll have to install a vapor barrior.
So, my request is to get some input on this repair. “Kills” primer on the ceilings and more insulation. R&R the insulation with vapor barrior insulation product? Other?

It’s not a vapour vapour problem and probably not an attic ventilation problem!

Concentrate on interior house moisture reduction /control and ventilation of it to the exterior properly.

Airseal all openings/pentrations to the attic. The existing attic ventilation will probably now be adequate.

If you have identified the problem…
and the Client has contracted further review by Licensed Contractors…
providing (Mutually Agreeable & Acceptable) Estimations of Repair to Alleviate the Conditions…
Your job is completed…

Move on to your next Inspection…

I agree with air sealing the attic. Paint is a poor vapor barrier and it’s not going to make much difference. The best way to solve it would be to take care of the interior moisture. The bath vents should go all the way outside for sure. A humidity reading should be taken inside a couple hours after any showers, cooking, or anything else that would introduce moisture. If there is a basement or crawlspace it should also be checked for humidity. The taller the house is the more stack effect plays a role and moisture follows airflow.