Ladder

I found this ladder at Harbor Freight. It’s a combination step/extension ladder to 16 feet. Anyone have any experience with this type of ladder out there?

all I can say is have good health insurance.

1 Like

About 2 weeks ago Home Depot had the Werner 22ft IA on sale for $129.00.

I agree, get a “Little Giant” or Werner. I have a 13’, 17’ & 26’ Werner multi-ladder. They are a bit heavy, but a very sturdy. I’m 6’4" and 280.

Anything else is just asking for trouble.

little giant sumostance!!!

articulating ]Have a 21 foot Werner and last summer after getting the Kia Soul purchased a 17 foot Vulcan which I think weighs half as much for $99 at Menards and works great every day.Love it.
My old 28 foot hook ladder stays in storage now in days.

I love my Werner.
7 1/2 ft step, 17 ft straight.
Yes, it’s heavy but very sturdy. :slight_smile:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_251378-287-MT-17_4294607606%2B4294965411__?productId=1238905&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=Werner

I have the 26 Werner but its a beast to deal and the base it too wide for many interior applications. So I picked up the harbor freight 17ft for $115 or so. I have used it daily for a year and a half or so. It had been solid for me. The 26ft only gets used every few months.

I have purchased a few things from Harbor Freight and I am not sure if I would ever trust my life with something that is from Harbor Freight.

LOL good point.

Is Harbor Freight the place that everyone ordered their dash covers, Hurst shifter knobs, and bare foot gas pedals from in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s?

[RIGHT]j[/RIGHT]

Darn know the place you are talking about and it was in Chicago but can not think of the name. They had a big catalog.

Warshawsky?

JC Whitney ?

I think that may be it.

That is it. Ordered a bunch of stuff for my 57 Ford 150 Pickup back in the 60s

How’s the Vulcan working out for you Bob? I have the Werner and it’s awfully heavy. Was thinking of picking something else out.

I also own one of the little giants and it’s pretty heavy as well. I don’t care to compromise safety but at the same time looking for something a bit lighter.

Thanks,

Bert

Sears has a great deal on the Little Giant M22 going on now.

$159.96

http://www.sears.com/little-giant-m22-type-1-aluminum-ladder/p-00943816000P?prdNo=12&blockNo=12&blockType=G12

I have this model. Unfortunately, it is a little too short to get onto a 2-story roof.

Isnt that JC Whitney?

Nevermind…lol

Harbor freight is the place I go when I’m too cheap to buy a quality tool when I’m doing a job that I know I’ll only need the tool once for, like a door planer for example. If I was doing doors for a living, forget about it. If you plan on using that ladder more than once, I’d say go with a proven brand.