Meeting with Insurance adjuster ??

Did an inspection yesterday, called out the roof for a number of reasons. Today, I get a call from an insurance adjuster wanting to meet me at the home to look at the roof. This is the sellers insurance company and he looked at the roof only a few weeks ago and gave it the 'It’s old, but OK"
Is there any point in meeting this guy or just refer him to my report if the buyer wants him to see it?

I see no advantage with meeting with him .

You have made your report .

Tell him he might wish to have a roofer meet him there.

I agree with Roy, your report speaks for itself, it’s not a debate.

Why was an insurance adjuster looking at the roof in the 1st place?

It’s not a debate, you don’t have to defend your report, but you might learn something by going, such as why he would would feel the need to meet and discuss this roof with you.
Maybe he’s afraid he missed something and doesn’t want to have his report shot down. Or maybe he thinks you don’t know what you’re doing. There are both inspectors and adjusters out there who don’t.
If you don’t know why he wants to meet and you have the time, meeting him isn’t knuckling under, it’s satisfying your curiosity… if you’re curious.

When I was first starting out as a PM/estimator for a general contractor there was a nasty windstorm that damaged a lot of property. The guy training me was showing me the wind damage to a customers roof. We wrote up the estimate and presented it to the home owner. The home owner called their insurance company for a claim. We went on multiple other homes with wind damage that day.

A week later the adjuster wanted to meet us at the property. We went up on the roof so that we could show him the wind damage since he could not find any. After my trainer explained what he saw, the adjuster told him that he was wrong. The damage was actually thermal expansion and not wind damage. The adjuster was nice about it and used it as a training opportunity. He understood why it was assumed that it was wind damage with the rest of the homes in this area.

Taking the time to meet with other experts can be a great opportunity to learn. Don’t dismiss a free education.

So Jeff… the damage was broken bonds where shingle tabs bridged joints between underlying shingles?

Some shingles were split directly under the key ways of the shingles above, just like you see on wind damage. They did not have the nail strip pull through like you see on wind damage.

Another telltale sign of thermal expansion is the butt joints between shingles. There is a defined difference between the butt joints and the keyways.