Is this modified bitumen?

Is this modified bitumen? It is a very thick material.
I’m thinking it is, but with so much sealer on it it is hard for me to tell.
I don’t see much of this.

Yes, the membrane has been coated or painted, but it’s a “mod bit” covering.

Dom.

1 Like

Thanks

Ya must still be an apprentice a CMI would know what it is:twisted::twisted:

Thank you O’ man .
Here is a present for you.

1 Like

Why are you showing me your IQ number we already know what it is.:twisted:

now boys …

They’re just showing CMI’s are #1, with the number 1 Salute !

I am going to be in your town for 3 days starting the 30th of this month what is the best steak house. Whats for dinner, BEEF:D:D

Lotsa Beef and Good Mexican Food. Have a good visit Charley.

Thanks I need a break been to many Roy’s lately;-)

For argument sake;
1: Roll roofing is very similar in appearance. Especially when there is a coating applied on top.
2: 2 ply SMS self stick systems are similar. Especially when there is a coating applied on top.
3: Roll roofing Systems installed not as to the manufacturer’s recommendations are not uncommon.
4: I can suspect many of the negative posters have been in a situation where they knew the answer but were unable to express it that day.

Poor roof drainage. Ponding is not a favorable condition.
Highly suspect roof covering.
Membrane and deck sagging indicate moisture has penetrated the membrane at one time saturating the 4x8 insulation boards and deck sheathing below.

Recommend a qualified roofing contractor assess the condition of the roof and provide a written report.
OR; Recommend longer durations of sunlight combined with less humidity. :slight_smile:

If you can’t see nail heads, I’d guess it’s torch-down mod bit.

If you see nail heads on any roll roofing product, it’s not installed correctly. Mod bit roofs are not always torched down either. There are self-adhered and mopped down modified bitumen roofs.

1 Like