Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Roofing Inspections Contains discussions about inspecting roofs.

Old 4/17/18, 1:03 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Re: My Review of the AR Drone for roof inspections

Love my drone. Definitely pays to invest in a higher quality drone. I have a DJI Phantom 4. Unbelievable pics and videos. IMO way better than any camera on a pole device. You can take clear pictures on top of a chimney cap on a two story building with no issues. Add a 1 million dollar policy for $10 via Verifly and you’re all set.

Peter Barbato
New Jersey and New York Licensed Home Inspector
Phone: 732-366-3499
email: anexpertinspection@gmail.com
web: http://www.anexpertinspection.com
Need a home inspection in Nebraska? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Nebraska certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 4/21/18, 10:12 AM
Community Guest

Please Note: omcclintock is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarbato2 View Post
Love my drone. Definitely pays to invest in a higher quality drone. I have a DJI Phantom 4. Unbelievable pics and videos. IMO way better than any camera on a pole device. You can take clear pictures on top of a chimney cap on a two story building with no issues. Add a 1 million dollar policy for $10 via Verifly and you’re all set.
I agree with what Peter has said. While AR Drone is not a bad option for inspection purposes, it lacks the camera specs and battery life needed for uninterrupted operation. In fact, I had a DJI Phantom 4 which I used to inspect my parent's farmhouse renovation progress. As you said, it proved to be a decent flyer. However, size & weight remains a concern for me as I live a bit far from them. I am considering a drone that is portable and foldable maybe this DJI Mavic Pro. Peter, what is your opinion of this model? How well it fares for moderate inspection use. Any tips or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 9/18/18, 8:18 PM

Drones are a great tool. Especially when inspecting the chimney crown on a steep pitched 3 story roof

Peter Barbato
Old 9/18/18, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omcclintock View Post
I agree with what Peter has said. While AR Drone is not a bad option for inspection purposes, it lacks the camera specs and battery life needed for uninterrupted operation. In fact, I had a DJI Phantom 4 which I used to inspect my parent's farmhouse renovation progress. As you said, it proved to be a decent flyer. However, size & weight remains a concern for me as I live a bit far from them. I am considering a drone that is portable and foldable maybe this DJI Mavic Pro. Peter, what is your opinion of this model? How well it fares for moderate inspection use. Any tips or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
I like the model you are asking about but what's the problem/issues with the Phantom 4 as far as size and weight? You carry tools and ladders.

Peter Barbato