Roof Inspection

This is a job that I was working on.This is a house with a asphalt/fiberglass roof covering (approximately ten years old). While on the west side of the roof, I noticed a section of shingles sticking up. Upon closer examination, I realized that these shingles had come loose and needed to be resecured to the roof decking. These shingles were on the windy side of the house. I couldn’t tell how many shingle fasteners had been used on these shingles (4 or 6). I recommended that the shingles be repaired to prevent extensive wind and water damage.

1 Like

When you see loose shingles, be sure to check the bonding of a representative number of shingles on the roof, especially the lower windward corners, if you know the direction from which storms generally approach in the area in which the home was located.
I suggest you read through InterNACHI’s Mastering Roof Inspections series.

The subject property has a Shingle Roof. While Inspecting the roof, I noticed a section of shingles sticking up. Upon closer examination, I realized that these shingles had come loose and needed to be re secured to the roof decking. These shingles were on the windy side of the house. I couldn’t tell how many shingle fasteners had been used on these shingles. I recommended that the shingles be repaired to prevent extensive wind and water damage.

Which side is the windy side of a roof?

Thats so cool how not only did they not know where to post for the course requirements, but the second guy completely plagiarized the first guy… The future inspectors of America!

Correction “…but the **third **guy completely plagiarized the first guy… The future inspectors of America!”
:wink: