Sure there's enough slope

At least that’s what the flipper claims.

Ummm, yea sure.

What standard is he going by?

At least you don’t have to worry about slipping off that one. I had a set of stairs with more slope than that today.

There is some slope you Deal Killer. :twisted:

He said the water running from the ridge would have “enough momentum” to drain at eaves. :mrgreen:

All codes set aside, did it leak? :slight_smile:

Not yet…but installed within the last month.

He did not, you made that up… You did right??? :roll::roll:

Bwhahahahahahaha

to be continued. :wink:

Well it will drain somewhere.

I use the same app on my phone as you do but I have often wondered how accurate it is. I have not checked it against a true pitch gauge. I some times get a funky # even after I calibrate the app

Is it missing drip edge as well? Cant tell in picture three if that is d-style or beaded facia.

Well it’s certainly less than 2/12. FAIL

Advise client , laugh at flipper and head home knowing job well done,

A: Roofs that have slopes of 4:12 or less are considered to be low slope roofs. (4:12 means a vertical rise of 4 inches for every 12 inch horizontal run, or 18.4°). Never apply asphalt shingles to slopes that are below 2:12 (9.5°). Shingles applied on low slope slopes do not last as long as shingles on steeper roof pitches, due to the increased exposure to sunlight and other weather conditions. Generally, laminated/architectural shingles are better suited to steep roofs, where their enhanced aesthetics are more readily visible.

Q: How can I reduce some of the problems associated with low slope roofs?

A: Low slope roofs are more susceptible to water entry due to ice dams and wind-driven rain. Therefore, the key to a successful low slope roof is to increase the watershedding properties of the roof system.

Rain and melting snow do not run off quickly on low slope roofs. As a result, the potential for ice dams is increased. By providing adequate ventilation the formation of ice dams can be decreased. Note: “The National Building Code of Canada allows various types of ice dam membranes to be used, but CASMA recommends that self-adhering modified asphalt membranes be used.” (CASMA Technical Bulletin No. 16)

Wind-driven rain is another concern associated with low slope roofs. By improving the underlayment or by using a special shingle application method, the damaged caused by wind-driven rain can be reduced.

See Bulletin on Applying Shingles on Low Slopes or CASMA Technical Bulletin No. 16 for more information.