What are these?

Why are there pieces of metal angle iron on this roof? Are they leftovers from some roof work? No leaks in attic around that area.

Look like rain diverters

http://www.familyhandyman.com/video/device/mobile/t/57561063/add-a-rain-diverter.htm?m_n=true

I agree with rain diverters.

Why would someone put rain diverters above where there is no door and 1/2 way up to the ridge?

Did you get on the roof? There seems to be quite a few PVC pipes protruding from the roof in that area. Were they in good condition? Anything else odd up there?

I must admit, it is an odd application up on the roof.

Can’t really tell from the pics, but they do like diverters. Don’t know why you’d need diverters above plumbing vents that have proper boots.

Looks like the roof wasn’t mounted, at least from the pics. It’s pretty impossible to tell much without getting on the roof, or at least using a camera pole or something. Otherwise, you’d just need to disclaim the entire roof, and not even mention those things, IMHO.

It is very odd placement. I have seen stranger things :slight_smile:

Also seeing as the home has gutters installed. :-k

LOL…good point. :lol:

Could it be for snow?
Just guessing.

That was my thought as well, Low slope roof, snow/ice build-up sliding down and damaging the vents.

Only thing that makes sense to me.

Is this home manufactured?

Looks like it, eh, Joshua?

Only time I see that many penetrations:)
B-vents too high, though. Needs to have the cap right on the roof;)
In all seriousness, the reason I asked is because I’ve seen similar set up on a few manufactured homes like the ones pictured. I assumed they were rain diverters to divert away from penetrations when I saw them. Guess they dont know that the rubber seal is usually what leaks :wink:

so why wouldn’t they put one on the lowest vent then?

They figure the ice dam building up from the gutter will lock it in place until Spring, so no worries! :roll:

LOL…