Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Ohio Home Inspectors This is a place for Ohio InterNACHI home inspectors and other inspectors in Ohio to discuss local home inspection topics. Become a home inspector in Ohio

Old 1/14/19, 9:52 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Default new to home inspection

Hello all,
first time posting. I recently retired after 40 years in manufacturing. My family has all been in construction and I have worked with them as needed over 40 years. As a part time job after retirement (need something to do) I decided to try home inspection. I just completed a 120 hour HI course and I am in the process of starting a business. I realize that now in Ohio, inspectors will have to be licensed so I am looking into what will be required.
Any suggestions or thoughts will be appreciated.
Need a home inspection in New Mexico? Check out InterNACHI's listing of New Mexico certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 1/14/19, 11:22 AM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Default Re: new to home inspection

Take your courses, read through the archives of this forum, while you can, there is a lot of great stuff in the archives. Not sure what will happen when the new platform is launched.
Good luck!

Dave Fetty Certified Master Inspector
Florida Home Inspection And Property Services LLC
www.FHIAPS.COM
www.NaplesBestInspector.com
www.FortMyersInspector.com
Naples, Marco Island, Ft. Myers, Bonita Springs, Estero, Cape Coral
Dfetty@FHIAPS.COM
http://https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flori...2450912?ref=hl
Florida Radon Measurement Technician R2547
(239)339-7380
Old 1/15/19, 1:05 PM

I wish you luck as well. It's curious that you are just now realizing that you have to be licensed. This makes me wonder how thoroughly you have researched what it takes to become a home inspector and to be competitive in that market. There is a considerable commitment of money and time involved, as well as the willingness and savvy to market oneself effectively.

William Bruce Ogletree
Ogletree Inspection Services

214-287-4630
www.ogletreehi.com
ogletreehi@gmail.com
Old 1/15/19, 8:49 PM

I have been watching the license bill since the introduction in 2018.It was passed on January 4, 2019. The details of the bill have been changed a few times since the introduction.
I was not sure when or if it was going to be signed, but now that it has signed I am watching for the requirements for licensing. I welcome any information from any Ohio Inspectors/
Old 1/15/19, 11:28 PM
Emmanuel J. Scanlan, TREC# 7593 Emmanuel J. Scanlan, TREC# 7593 is offline
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogletree View Post
I wish you luck as well. It's curious that you are just now realizing that you have to be licensed. This makes me wonder how thoroughly you have researched what it takes to become a home inspector and to be competitive in that market. There is a considerable commitment of money and time involved, as well as the willingness and savvy to market oneself effectively.

Ohio apparently just this last week passed the licensing bill. It took time for the politicians to get their "Incentives" () from making massive changes of the original bill and to the detriment of consumers before they agreed to finally sign it into law.

Awards Committee Member

The InterNACHI Awards Committee is the final
authority of issuance of any award the committee offers.

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!

TREC License# 7593
ICC Residential Combination Inspector #5247015-R5 (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing and Building)

Professional Real Estate Inspections for the counties of Collin, Rockwall, Hunt, Dallas, Tarrant, Kaufman and all surrounding areas. If you want the the best you will find it with PS Inspection & Property Services LLC!