Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Ohio Home Inspectors This is a place for Ohio InterNACHI home inspectors and other inspectors in Ohio to discuss local home inspection topics. Become a home inspector in Ohio

Old 7/22/17, 4:24 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Default Ohio and Kentucky Inspections

Hi everyone. I am from southern Ohio and going to service both Ohio and Kentucky. I am aware of what I need to do to be licensed in Kentucky but from what I have found basically nothing is required in Ohio besides an LLC (if that). I am worried about have to do an LLC, insurance (the Kentucky board of HI's require them to be named on the insurance) and other duplicate paperwork and applications per state. Any help with this would be great, thanks in advance.
Need a home inspection in Tennessee? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Tennessee certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 7/23/17, 6:05 PM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Default Re: Ohio and Kentucky Inspections

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaber View Post
Hi everyone. I am from southern Ohio and going to service both Ohio and Kentucky. I am aware of what I need to do to be licensed in Kentucky but from what I have found basically nothing is required in Ohio besides an LLC (if that). I am worried about have to do an LLC, insurance (the Kentucky board of HI's require them to be named on the insurance) and other duplicate paperwork and applications per state. Any help with this would be great, thanks in advance.
Hi Joseph,

Do you have a CPA? If not you should get one.

How you register your company is a business decision you need to make, and preferably with the advice of your CPA.

Kevin M. Leonard
The Ohio Home Inspections Company
Cincinnati Ohio
513-895-7700
Old 7/25/17, 12:29 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Default Re: Ohio and Kentucky Inspections

Thanks Kevin, talking to a CPA is at the top of my to do list.