Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Ohio Home Inspectors This is a place for Ohio InterNACHI home inspectors and other inspectors in Ohio to discuss local home inspection topics. Become a home inspector in Ohio

Old 4/30/17, 11:24 AM
Certified Master Inspector

Send a message via Skype™ to gwells
Default Re: Does the Wood destroying insects course on here satisfy Ohio license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drange View Post
It's pretty much just a money grab for the state, fortunately it is only $95.

I wouldn't mind it so much if we could just send in the yearly fee but every three years you have to get re-certified by sitting in class all day "learning" how to properly fill out the NPMA-33 report.

It is a money grab for the state. I gave up my license a few years ago. The whole program is seriously flawed. It clearly favors pest control companies.

I had many discussions with Bill Pound about the problems with the program. In the end, I figured he is either incompetent or taking bribes from the insurance companies and pest control companies. Either way, I no longer wanted to have any part of it.

Forensic Electrical Consultant
EE, Licensed Master Electrician/Electrical Contractor

BestInspectors.Net
By Inspectors, For Inspectors

Inspection Report Software
& Business Coaching

Since 1992
Need a home inspection in Connecticut? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Connecticut certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 4/30/17, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Does the Wood destroying insects course on here satisfy Ohio license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdixon1 View Post
Does the Wood destroying insects course on here satisfy Ohio license requirement? I only want to do inspections, not use pesticide or anything.

No. Also, you have to get the applicator license before you can get the inspection endorsement on the license. It is a racket. The head guy as much as told me ten years or so ago that they don't like home inspectors and they have tried to structure the program to discourage home inspectors from getting involved.

I've heard stories of home inspectors being harassed by the department with unreasonable repeated audits.

BestInspectors.Net

& Business Coaching

Since 1992
Old 4/30/17, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiller View Post
For anyone still curious about WDO in Ohio The class is 2x's a year.

Ohio doesn't have a WDO license. The license is for WDI only and is an endorsement on the pesticide applicator license.

BestInspectors.Net

& Business Coaching

Since 1992
Old 5/12/17, 3:58 PM
Student Inspector

Do you think its frowned upon if I include a wdo inspection in my report (passed the WDO course on NACHI), and letting my client know that they may have to pay the $60 for the termite inspector report (NPMA-33) before it gets treated if found? Basically saving them the money if they don't have damage.

For buyers with FHA loans this NPMA-33 form is required as well correct?

Tony Diller
Dwell Inspection Services
tonydiller@dwellinspectionservices.com
www.dwellinspectionservices.com
Old 5/12/17, 4:30 PM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Quote:
Do you think its frowned upon if I include a wdo inspection in my report (passed the WDO course on NACHI), and letting my client know that they may have to pay the $60 for the termite inspector report (NPMA-33) before it gets treated if found? Basically saving them the money if they don't have damage.

Hi Tony,

No, Not okay.

In Ohio one must be licensed to report on the presence or absence of Wood Destroying Insects.

See page 5 - http://www.agri.ohio.gov/Public_Docs...Inspection.pdf

https://pested.osu.edu/WDI

Kevin M. Leonard
The Ohio Home Inspections Company
Cincinnati Ohio
513-895-7700
Old 8/5/17, 1:29 PM

Quote:

The Ohio Department of Agriculture will love you for doing illegal work. They will love all the money they collect from you in fines. It is a poorly managed bureaucracy so I am sure they will appreciate the additional revenues. They don't think home inspectors should be doing WDI inspections in the first place. They love to go after non-compliant inspectors.

I was never harassed by the department but I had an adversarial relationship with them because of their antics. I challenged them on their misdeeds at every opportunity during the five years or so that I had the license. I knew of several good home inspectors who were harassed by the department with multiple unreasonable audits.

BestInspectors.Net

& Business Coaching

Since 1992
Old 8/9/17, 4:33 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

I believe they are having one of their yearly WDI classes on September 25th up in Columbus for anyone that needs their CE credits.

James Taylor
Cincinnati OH 45245
513-491-4230