Hey mobile users !!!

On Monday, February 1, the ZenFone Zoom smartphone - which boasts a powerful 13MP primary camera with 3x optical zoom - began retailing from B&H Photo. The ZenFone Zoom is exclusive to the retailer and the unlocked variant of the smartphone bears a price tag of $399.99.

The Asus handset boasts a 5.5-inch IPS display (Full HD) with Corning Gorilla Glass 4. The device has a pixel density of 403 ppi, housing a quad-core processor and 4GB of RAM. The device packs in a powerful non-removable 3000mAh battery, which offers support for BoostMaster. It has 64GB of on-board storage which is expandable to 128GB, thanks to the microSD card slot.

Bob, interesting, I assume your interest is the zoom. First review I saw was not kind but could have been a competitors review site. I am curious that you are trying the video report concept, I’m intrigued, you say it is faster. , one problem with smart phones (as well as point and shoot camera’s) is they are too damn slow, at least for me. So…do you have a smart phone or point and shoot you use that is super fast with focus, snap and writing to card. That is something I would be interested in. BTW…we use a location/room by room style report. We make it work but it is not ideal due to cross over items.

Yep my LGV10 stays in ready mode any part of the ongoing video so I just hit screen and it is shooting and adding to ongoing video which is nice.I can review video in progress and click screen shoot with no blur on this baby or I can stop in middle of the video and take a picture then continue the video.

Would love to see a copy of your report if it might help me create a special template.Obviously video is going to be room by room though my report will be system by system …at least so far and looking for options.

Not easy to rethink years of a solid system for reporting but gotta stay open minded.