List inside a caption ?

I was wondering if I could put a list inside a caption, so that when I out a caption to a photo, I could just select from a list I already made.

I created a test template and a test inspection to see what would happen.

It seemed to work when I uploaded to mobile: I can select the list and the list feature comes up, but the list of choices is empty.

Am I missing something or does this just not work?

And can it be made to work?

Moble phone screen capture:

No it does not work and to be honest lists take longer to pick than simply do it the regular way.
Nice addition might be a double list for sentence building but asked for that many years ago.

Desktop use dragon so it is all mot point to me now.

Actually, it should work just fine on mobile. Ian, can you please try a few other lists? Make sure you have 4.7.28 as well (check under Settings tab on mobile).

Hmmm I just tried that last week and it didn’t work . I will have to give it a second look.

Tried as well for fun last month but would be slower even if it did .

Less time consuming to simply use dropdown and type or voice.

There was a time when the list feature was indeed slow and clunky and not effective. But in the last mobile update, Dom gave the list feature a super charge and now works lightning fast.

That’s exactly what I’ve been doing lately. Saves me a ton of time.

I’m talking about mobile, you’re talking about desktop. Apples and oranges.

I have 4.7.28.

I’ll try again.

Ian, did you get a chance to give it a try? It’s working on my side so there may be something we need to change that’s device specific.

Dom, I am using iPhone and it does not work for me as well. I have 4.7.28.

Actually I did get it to work but not as I wanted it to. What I did was before taking the picture in a particular section i used the dropdown list to pick the location for example, then i took the picture then i was able to choose the pre-selected list caption. Way to may steps in my opinion. I was hoping to be able to go to the gallery and go to caption option on each pic and use the dropdown list.

We’ve already confirmed it not working properly and it should be fixed for our next update.

Very cool thanks!!

Hey Dominic was this fixed in HIP 5?

Manny

It should work in the latest HIP Mobile’s. Have you tested it out?

Dom,
I am using an iPhone with HIP Mobile version 4.7.28 and it does not work for me.

Hi Manny,

It may just be in the beta right now. I’ll test it out tomorrow and let you know. Just got back from the Vegas conference and I’m wiped. Going to try and get a few hours of nap time lol!

Thanks Dom I appreciate it as I think this feature will help speed up my inspections!

Manny

Hey Dom just wondering if you had a chance to check this out?

Sorry Manny, forgot to respond. Yes, it’s just in the beta version for now. Hopefully we’ll have that public soon. We’ve had a lot of beta versions lately as we resolve a few issues with the update on Android 8 devices.