InterNACHI Inspection Forum

InterNACHI Inspection Forum (https://www.nachi.org/forum/)
-   Spectora (https://www.nachi.org/forum/f89/)
-   -   Spectora Price Increase (https://www.nachi.org/forum/f89/spectora-price-increase-130342/)

jlebeau2 6/6/18 3:01 PM

Spectora Price Increase
 
Kind of disappointed that they are raising the price on June 15. :( How much, i have not seen. At least I am grandfathered in.

jjonas 6/6/18 3:08 PM

Re: Spectora Price Increase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlebeau2 (Post 1922627)
Kind of disappointed that they are raising the price on June 15. :( How much, i have not seen. At least I am grandfathered in.

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!


Nothing personal Josh, but most of us non-users saw this coming from a mile away. You guys over pay as it is. Now you are being legally raped!


JMHO!!

jramey 6/8/18 8:39 AM

Re: Spectora Price Increase
 
I'm new to the software, but for my $60ish a month, I feel its a good value. The staff are on point with questions, the instant notifications, emails to clients/realtors, easily modifiable, etc. Not a fan boy yet, but definitely impressed with what they have so far.

just my $0.02

sstanczyk 6/8/18 12:44 PM

Re: Spectora Price Increase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jramey (Post 1923586)
I'm new to the software, but for my $60ish a month, I feel its a good value. The staff are on point with questions, the instant notifications, emails to clients/realtors, easily modifiable, etc. Not a fan boy yet, but definitely impressed with what they have so far.

just my $0.02

So if you make it 3 years, unlike many new inspectors, you will have paid $2484 for software. After 10 years, your monthly software payments will have added up to....... $8,280. EIGHT THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY DOLLARS. And that is with no further increases. :roll:

ccurrins 6/8/18 1:47 PM

Re: Spectora Price Increase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sstanczyk (Post 1923685)
So if you make it 3 years, unlike many new inspectors, you will have paid $2484 for software. After 10 years, your monthly software payments will have added up to....... $8,280. EIGHT THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY DOLLARS. And that is with no further increases. :roll:

What A Deal!! :p

jlebeau2 6/11/18 12:06 PM

Re: Spectora Price Increase
 
So Chris you've been an InterNACHI member since '07 or $6,600 dollars later.
Steve, $7,700 dollars later.
And Jeff, $6,600 dollars later as well.

I don't "Need" InterNACHI to make money, I like it for the knowledge.

Spectora has made me money. It has steered several agents my way because they like the style and layout.

.7% cost of my income last month. I'll keep it.

Peace!
Josh

sstanczyk 6/11/18 12:54 PM

Re: Spectora Price Increase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlebeau2 (Post 1925024)
So Chris you've been an InterNACHI member since '07 or $6,600 dollars later.
Steve, $7,700 dollars later.
And Jeff, $6,600 dollars later as well.

I don't "Need" InterNACHI to make money, I like it for the knowledge.

Spectora has made me money. It has steered several agents my way because they like the style and layout.

.7% cost of my income last month. I'll keep it.

Peace!
Josh

Of course your figures are way off. Because you haven't been around to know what prices we pay as members. I only pay $289 per year since I was grandfathered in. Since I retired this year, I have been converted to a life time member with no dues. JJ and Chris pay the same $289.


But that doesn't matter because you are trying to compare apples and oranges to make your point. Software is a commodity. Membership in any organization is not. This is something you should be attempting to persuade your price shopping clients, that we are a service not a commodity that can be purchased for the lowest price.

As for any software steering agents your way, I will simply call BS. They don't give a rats patootie and the chances of even 1 agent telling you that in your very short time as an inspector is somewhere between slim and none. No need to BS everyone in an attempt to make your point.

jjonas 6/11/18 1:34 PM

Re: Spectora Price Increase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sstanczyk (Post 1925059)
Of course your figures are way off. Because you haven't been around to know what prices we pay as members. I only pay $289 per year since I was grandfathered in. Since I retired this year, I have been converted to a life time member with no dues. JJ and Chris pay the same $289.


But that doesn't matter because you are trying to compare apples and oranges to make your point. Software is a commodity. Membership in any organization is not. This is something you should be attempting to persuade your price shopping clients, that we are a service not a commodity that can be purchased for the lowest price.

As for any software steering agents your way, I will simply call BS. They don't give a rats patootie and the chances of even 1 agent telling you that in your very short time as an inspector is somewhere between slim and none. No need to BS everyone in an attempt to make your point.

https://images.freeimages.com/images...check-mark.jpg

ccurrins 6/11/18 6:27 PM

Re: Spectora Price Increase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sstanczyk (Post 1925059)
Of course your figures are way off. Because you haven't been around to know what prices we pay as members. I only pay $289 per year since I was grandfathered in. Since I retired this year, I have been converted to a life time member with no dues. JJ and Chris pay the same $289.


But that doesn't matter because you are trying to compare apples and oranges to make your point. Software is a commodity. Membership in any organization is not. This is something you should be attempting to persuade your price shopping clients, that we are a service not a commodity that can be purchased for the lowest price.

As for any software steering agents your way, I will simply call BS. They don't give a rats patootie and the chances of even 1 agent telling you that in your very short time as an inspector is somewhere between slim and none. No need to BS everyone in an attempt to make your point.

What Steve said. Joshua your numbers and argument are Way off. The education courses alone more than pay for themselves with internachi membership. But if it makes you feel better........:twisted:

jszczesny 6/16/18 5:55 PM

Re: Spectora Price Increase
 
Quote:

So if you make it 3 years, unlike many new inspectors, you will have paid $2484 for software. After 10 years, your monthly software payments will have added up to....... $8,280. EIGHT THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY DOLLARS. And that is with no further increases.

and if you have a multi inspector company wholly moley

bclark4 6/28/18 9:55 PM

Re: Spectora Price Increase
 
Did any of you guys use ISN? What is the cost of that a month?

sstanczyk 6/28/18 10:40 PM

Re: Spectora Price Increase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jszczesny (Post 1927995)
and if you have a multi inspector company wholly moley

That was before the recent price increase taking the cost to $1000 per year. :roll:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 PM.



Copyright © International Association of Certified Home Inspectors