Get up to 250 good local inspection leads... FREE!
InterNACHI is pleased to announce another great inspector marketing tool (for InterNACHI-only members).
InterNACHI, in cooperation with Real Property Times®, Inc. (RPT) publishes specialized lists for a variety of inspection and real estate business purposes. We constantly monitor real estate for-sale advertising (both online and print) to identify consumers who are currently about to buy or sell a home (and so soon to be in need of an inspector). These are not warm leads... they are hot!
We gather information on these potential inspector clients using thousands of internet bots that crawl every real estate section of every newspaper, every real estate guide, and every real estate listing site, every day. We then cross this data with reverse phone lookup directories and public information to acquire nearly every address of every home that is goes up for sale. And we do it all nearly instantly and constantly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Inspectors can take advantage of RPT data by offering these consumers either pre-sale or MoveInCertified
inspections (for the home they are selling) OR traditional inspections (for the home they are buying) OR both! Remember... most sellers are local buyers as well. And buyers often order more than just a home inspection, so offer them every inspection service you provide: Inspector Locator
Send them all a letter with your inspection brochure.
Dear Mr. Homeseller:
I am Joe Goodinspector of ABC inspections and I noticed you are selling your home. I am writing to encourage you to contact me about inspecting your home before any more potential buyers tour it. The advantages of having it inspected now are many:
- You can have me, a certified InterNACHI inspector, do the inspection rather than be at the mercy of the buyer's choice of inspector.
- You can schedule the inspection with me at your convenience.
- I might be able to alert you to any items of immediate personal concern, such as radon gas or active termite infestation.
- You can assist me during the inspection, something normally not done during a buyer's inspection.
- You can correct any misstatements in your inspection report before I generate it.
- The report can help you realistically price your home if problems exist.
- The report can help you substantiate a higher asking price if problems don't exist or have been corrected.
- My report will reveal problems ahead of time which:
- might make your home show better.
- gives you time to make repairs and shop for competitive contractors.
- permits you to attach repair estimates or paid invoices to the inspection report.
- removes over-inflated buyer procured estimates from any future negotiations.
- My report might alert you to any immediate safety issues found, before agents and visitors tour the home.
- My report provides a third-party, unbiased opinion to offer to your potential buyers.
- A seller inspection permits a clean home inspection report to be used as a marketing tool.
- A seller inspection is the ultimate gesture in forthrightness on your part.
- My report might relieve prospective buyer's unfounded suspicions, before they walk away from your home.
- A seller inspection lightens negotiations and 11th-hour renegotiations.
- My report might encourage your buyer to waive the inspection contingency.
- Your deal is less likely to fall apart the way they often do when a buyer's inspection unexpectedly reveals a problem, last minute.
- My report provides you with full-disclosure protection from future legal claims.
I would like to talk with you in person to explain how I can help streamline your real estate sale. And of course I always stand ready to inspect the home you are buying as well. Please contact me.
You may be thinking: "It is too much work for me to mail up to 250 letters with my inspection brochures in hopes of getting a few inspections." Here is how to convert those inspections into many, many inspections:
- Don't print out 1 copy of your report for the seller. Print out 25. Leave them on his kitchen counter with a "Free-Take Me" tent card so that every buyer who tours the home ends up with an actual copy of the product that you produce. These buyers are about to buy a home and hire an inspector in your market. Target marketing doesn't get any better than this!
- Include a little flyer with your contact information at the bottom inside each copy of those seller inspection reports that the buyers are grabbing. The flyer should promote the use of seller inspections by you. Talking points for the flyer are found here: http://www.moveincertified.com/sellers You should also be asking every buyer you work for if they want a seller inspection.
- Call the seller every 2 weeks and ask if he would like you to print off and mail him (or drop by) more copies of his inspection report to leave on the kitchen counter. Don't let him run out. Your report better than any brochure.
- Make sure you ask the seller if he is moving inside your market area and ask him if you can do that inspection. You almost always will get the inspection on the home the seller is moving to.
- Once you've inspected the home the seller is selling, and the home the seller is buying, you are family! Ask him to have you return for an annual inspection each year. www.OverSeeIt.com Do this on all your inspections and in 4 years you won't have time to do inspections for new clients.
If your marketing efforts happen to hit a seller who is NOT buying locally (too far outside your inspection market), we ask that you please refer that consumer to a fellow InterNACHI inspector at www.InspectorSEEK.com
Remember, every inspection we get upstream is an inspection that a non-member never even hears about. Let's all work to dry up the market for non-members so that one day soon, all inspections will be performed by certified inspectors only.
How to get up to 250 local inspector leads (where available):
If you want leads around a city or postal code other than your own (for those inspectors who live in one city but market to another), let me know where you want the leads to be centered around.
Also, I ask that once you order the leads, that you go to this thread
and announce that you placed the order. The purpose of this request is to encourage any other member in your direct market to contact you and perhaps discuss sharing the mailing cost by including a single letter from both of you. Local chapters might also consider doing this project using their local chapter brochure.
As I am paying for these leads personally, the free local inspection leads offer is available solely to InterNACHI-only members.
And note that some areas simply don't have many real estate consumers and so you will get less than 250.
Publisher, Real Property Times®
InterNACHI... #1 in inspector success!