This two-day class will expedite the process for you to become a Home Energy Assessor so that you can offer Home Energy Scores.
The Home Energy Score is a great way to add value to your home inspection service without adding to your time. You could sell it separately or include it with your home inspection.
$300 is the total cost of the 2-day class on Feb 26-27, 2018. The cost of the optional mentoring session with your instructor on Feb 28, 2018, is $150. The class will be held at the amazing House of Horrors® in Weston, Florida.
Click here for details of the Home Energy Score, which is backed by the U.S. Department of Energy and is available for U.S. members only.
Class Location is at the House of Horrors® in Florida
To Become a Home Energy Score Assessor:
- You must be an InterNACHI® Home Energy Inspector, a free online certification provided by InterNACHI to members at www.nachi.org/home-energy-inspector.
- Complete the Department of Energy's 3D simulation training and exam. This 2-day class will help you successfully complete this step.
- Score a house with a mentor. This is an optional session after the 2-day class provided by your class instructor.
Before taking this 2-day class, you must be a Home Energy Inspector (free & online certification provided by InterNACHI to members). It's all online and free for members. Not a member? No problem. Register for the class, and you'll receive a free membership to InterNACHI so that you can access the Home Energy Inspector course and complete this pre-requisite.
You must bring with you a PC or Mac laptop and charger with a minimum 64-bit processor and an operating system that can run the Firefox, Chrome, Edge, or Safari browser, with cookies and plug-ins enabled. The 3D simulation training is conducted on your own laptop computer.
Your instructor, Joe Hall, will take you through the 3D simulation training that is required by the U.S. Department of Energy to be completed in order to become a Home Energy Score Assessor.
- One-on-one assistance in successfully completing the 3D simulation training and exam that the U.S. Department of Energy requires to become a Home Energy Score Assessor.
- Optional mentoring session after class. Mentoring is required by the Dept of Energy, so you will have the opportunity to complete your mentoring requirement the day after class.
- Marketing strategies to help you promote this ancillary service to your clients and agents.
- Six-month membership in InterNACHI (for non-members only).
- Tour of Pro-Lab® Headquarters.
Joe Hall, Instructor
Contact the Jazmin at email@example.com and (720) 593-2872.
For details about the Home Energy Score Program, visit InterNACHI's page at www.nachi.org/homeenergyscore.
For details about the Home Energy Score Program, visit the U.S. Department of Energy's page at https://betterbuildingssolutioncenter.energy.gov/home-energy-score/become-assessor.