Future Training Dates
September 17 - 21, 2018
Florida Licensing Requirements
To become a licensed home inspector in Florida, the state requires an individual to complete:
- a state-approved, 120-hour course;
- a proctored state-approved exam; and
- the Florida DBPR (Department of Business and Professional Regulation) application.
Florida DBPR has other requirements regarding insurance, fingerprints, fees and more. Visit the Florida DBPR website here.
- Interior and Ventilation
- Structural Issues
- HVAC Systems
- Plumbing Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Insurance Adjusters' Terminology
- Report Writing
- Business and Marketing
At the conclusion of this training, you will:
- have completed 40 hours of Florida-approved pre-licensing home inspector training;
- have experienced inspecting the Florida House of Horrors®, an entire house with a thousand defects built under our roof in Weston, Florida;
- be a member of InterNACHI®, the world's largest home inspector accreditation organization;
- be awarded the Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)® designation upon completion of online requirements; and
- receive ongoing support — email and call your instructors and InterNACHI® staff even after the training is done.
As an online institution, InterNACHI® does not require members to attend any live training or enroll in any in-residence program, and InterNACHI® does not require onsite attendance. The training provided at the House of Horrors® will help you develop your professionalism and skill set as a home inspector.
Students seeking to gain and develop their knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform a home inspection and to attain a Home Inspector Program Certificate of Completion may enroll in InterNACHI's online Home Inspector Certificate Program.
Location of the Florida House of Horrors®
The Florida House of Horrors® and the Five-Day Training Class are located at PRO-LAB® Headquarters at 1675 N. Commerce Parkway in Weston, FL 33326.