Future Training Dates
April 15-19, 2019
Florida Licensing Requirements
To become a licensed home inspector in Florida, the state requires an individual to complete:
- a state-approved, 120-hour course;
- a proctored state-approved exam; and
- the Florida DBPR (Department of Business and Professional Regulation) application
Florida DBPR has other requirements regarding insurance, fingerprints, fees and more. Visit the Florida DBPR website here.
- Interior and Ventilation
- Structural Issues
- HVAC Systems
- Plumbing Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Insurance Adjusters' Terminology
- Report Writing
- Business and Marketing
At the completion of the training, you will:
- have completed 40 hours of FL-approved licensed home inspector training;
- have experienced inspecting the Florida House of Horrors®, an entire house with 1,000 defects built under our roof in Weston, Florida;
- be a member of InterNACHI®, the world's largest home inspector accreditation organization;
- be awarded the Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)® designation upon completion of online requirements; and
- receive ongoing support — email and call your instructors and InterNACHI staff even after the training is done.
As an online institution, InterNACHI does not require members to attend any live training or enroll in any in-residence program, and InterNACHI does not require onsite attendance. The training provided at the House of Horrors® will help you develop your professionalism and skill set as a home inspector.
Students seeking to gain and develop their knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform a home inspection and to attain a Home Inspector Program Certificate of Completion may enroll in InterNACHI's online Home Inspector Certificate Program.
Location of the Florida House of Horrors®
The Florida House of Horrors® and the location of the 5-day training is located inside the Pro-Lab® Headquarters at 1675 North Commerce Parkway, Weston, FL 33326.