"Radon Measurement Service Provider" course
Welcome to InterNACHI's free online Radon Measurement Service Provider course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- comprehend the fundamentals about radon gas;
- understand the science of radon and radioactivity;
- communicate health risks of radon exposure;
- perform radon testing according to measurement protocols;
- perform an inspection of a radon mitigation system;
- understand the requirements for former USEPA Radon Proficiency Programs; and
- perform an inspection of radon prevention building techniques.
Some states "regulate" or "qualify" providers of radon measurement and
mitigation services by requiring registration, certification, or
licensing; some issue identification cards. Your state can provide you
with more information. Please visit http://www.epa.gov/radon/whereyoulive.html
to find your state information.
Reminder to members: InterNACHI's Code of Ethics
1.10 requires that you comply with all government rules and
licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where you conduct
business. InterNACHI's courses and Standards generally exceed the
Standards of Practice that you are required to abide by locally.
This course has been approved by:
The Radon Measurement Service Provider course includes:
- 16 Continuing Education CEs;
- 20 sections;
- 112,000 words
- 216 photos and diagrams;
- 7 quizzes;
- 100-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
- instant grading;
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion; and
- accreditations and state approvals.
The course covers the following categories:
What is Radon?
Radiation and Radioactivity
What is an Atom?
Curies, Equations and ER
Radon in Water
Curie and Becquerel
Alpha, Beta and Gamma
The Geology of Radon
Radon Entry into a House
Radon Measurement: General Discussion
Protocols for Radon Measurements
Indoor Radon and RDP Measurement Protocols
EPA and ASTM Mitigation Standards
EPA's Radon Mitigation Standards
Building Radon Out
Radon in Water, Removal Methods
Upon completion of this course and passing of the 100-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool), the student can download and print their own Certificate of Completion which is auto-generated in their own name.
The student's (InterNACHI member's) information is recorded on InterNACHI's servers for membership compliance verification, and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log. It counts as 16 InterNACHI Continuing Education
InterNACHI... #1 in inspection education.
Some features which make InterNACHI's courses superior to existing continuing education options:
- The course is free for all InterNACHI members.
- The course is written in pure XHTML code for quick loading. The course loads fine on old computers and loads fast, even with dial-up.
- The course is designed using a hierarchal menu coupled with a sequential page navigation. This provides the student with the option to easily repeat areas of weakness.
- The course permits the student to start, stop and restart any part of the course as often as desired.
- There are a variety of images within the course, including diagrams, illustrations and photos.
- The illustrations can be enlarged for clearer viewing by clicking on them.
- The text is integrated into InterNACHI's Inspector Glossary. Rolling over blue-colored terms provides their definition.
- The final exam uses multiple-choice questions that reference the images.
- The course's quizzes and final exam have numerous advantages over traditional exam systems:
- The course, quizzes and final exam incorporate built-in intelligence which identifies and strengthens each student's unique subject weaknesses.
- Not only is each question weighted with regard to score, but each answer is weighted, as well as the correctness of each answer being weighted.
- Answers to easy questions are weighted such that the student is penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly, but rewarded modestly for answering correctly.
- Answers to difficult questions are weighted such that the student is rewarded, in terms of score, for answering correctly but not penalized for answering incorrectly.
- Answers to questions regarding basic safety, or questions every inspector should know the answer to, are weighted such that the student is severely penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly.
- Upon passing the final exam, the student can print out a Certificate of Completion which is auto-generated in their own name.
The student's (InterNACHI member's) information is recorded on InterNACHI's servers for membership compliance verification, and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log.