Everyone is invited to attend a 1 day home inspector event in Alberta, Canada
on Monday, January 21, 2008 from 8am to 9pm. You need not be a member to attend.
Real estate agents are welcome as well. Dress casual as our meetings are informal
- First home inspector licensing/regulation coming to Canada.
- Marketing success seminar for Canadian inspectors.
- Using infrared cameras on inspections.
- E&O insurance discounts for inspectors.
- Online video commercials for Alberta inspectors.
Brock Ketcham, Director of Cooperatives and Project Advisor, Consumer Services Branch, Service Alberta.
- Vern Mitchinson, President of the Alberta InterNACHI Chapter and Home Inspector Licensing Board member.
- Marc Perris, President elect of the Edmonton Real Estate Board.
- A representative from FLIR Infrared Cameras.
- A representative from FREA.
- Nick Gromicko, Founder InterNACHI, InterNACHI, IAC2, and MICB.
- Valerie Green, President NACHI.TV.
- Coffee and tea will be available.
- 8:00am to 9:00am: chapter business.
- 9:00am to 10:00am: Nick Gromicko on marketing for inspectors Part I.
- 10:00am to 11:00am: Colin Samuels, P.Eng. Hydro Physics Pipe Inspections Services
on CCTV inline pipe inspections
- 11:00am to 12:00noon: FLIR rep. New infrared cameras for building inspection.
- 12:00noon to 1:00pm: Lunch.
- 1:00pm to 2:00pm: Marc Perris of the Edmonton Real Estate Board.
- 2:00pm to 3:00: Brock Ketcham on upcoming home inspector licensing.
- 3:00pm 4:00 :Nick Gromicko on marketing for home inspectors Part II including:
- Once we're all licensed, it becomes a marketing race!
- A review of new inspector success tips and a few never revealed.
- How to get more inspection work from the internet.
- Raising your prices when your competitors in Alberta charge less.
- Adding indoor air quality inspections to your list of services.
- Tapping the pre-listing inspection market and sellers using MoveInCertified.
- Commercial building and accessibility inspections in Alberta.
- Beyond minimum standard licensing: The Certified Master Inspector (CMI) professional designation.
- 4:00pm to 4:30pm: Broker from a major real estate company in Edmonton.
- 4:30pm to 5:00pm: Rep from FREA on E&O insurance for inspectors.
- 5:00pm to whenever: NACHI.TV creating free online commercials for members.
- From North: From Highway 2 or Calgary Trail South/104th Street exit left at 53rd
South: From Edmonton International Airport, Red Deer, Calgary- Follow Highway
2 turns into Gateway Boulevard just keep going straight to 53 Avenue and turn
left directly into the Hotel parking lot.
From East: From Saskatoon - Take Highway 16/Yellowhead Highway heading west.
Take the right hand off ramp for Wayne Gretzky Drive/Fort Road and turn left onto
Wayne Gretzky Drive and follow for 11 km. At 98 Avenue Wayne Gretzky Drive become
75 Street but just continue to go straight. Turn right onto Whitemud Freeway west
and follow for 2.6 km to the 99 street/Gateway Boulevard off ramp. Turn right
onto Gateway Boulevard Follow for 1.2 km to 53 Avenue and turn left directly into
hotel parking lot.
From West: From Jasper - Take highway 16 Yellowhead highway heading East. Turn
right onto Anthony Henday Drive, follow 7km to Whitemud Freeway and turn left
onto the Whitemud Freeway - east/south. Follow for 14.4 km and take the right
exit ramp for Calgary Trail South/Gateway Boulevard,turn left onto Gateway Boulevard
and follow for 1.3 km to 53 Ave and turn left directly into the hotel parking
From Edmonton International Airport: Exit airport and follow signs for Edmonton.
Travel north on Highway 2 into city limits. Highway 2 turns into Gateway Boulevard.
Follow to 53 Avenue and turn left directly into hotel parking lot.
- Monday, January 21, 2008 from 8am to 5pm.
- Members and their guests $35.00/person.
- Non-members $45.00/person.
Everyone is welcome to attend this licensing and marketing event. You need not
be a member of the Chapter or InterNACHI. Bring a friend or your spouse. Dress
casual as our meetings are informal and fun. Don't miss this one... and please
don't forget to RSVP.
We hope to see you all there!
Vern Mitchinson and Nick Gromicko