Anyone Else is Just Looking Around®
is a tagline that InterNACHI members are free to use. It is registered on the
Principal Register. InterNACHI's original Trademark application for
this mark was first filed in 2005. InterNACHI taglines
and logos are available for use by all InterNACHI members. Anyone Else is Just Looking Around®
is a particularly good tagline for home inspectors.
Differences Between Trademark Registration on the Supplemental Register and the Principal Register:
- While a Principal Registration is prima facie evidence of the registrant’s exclusive right to use of the mark, a Supplemental Registration has no such evidentiary effect.
- While a Principal Registration is constructive notice of claim of
ownership so as to eliminate a defense of good faith, a Supplemental
Registration has no such effect.
- While a Principal Registration may become incontestable after five
years of registration, a Supplemental Registration can never achieve
that evidentiary status.
- While a Principal Registration can be used as a basis for the
Department of the Treasury to stop importations of infringing products
into the United States, a Supplemental Registration cannot.
- While a Principal Registration receives protection as a valid trademark in litigation, a Supplemental Registration will not, prima facie,
receive protection as a valid trademark because its very presence on
the Supplemental Register indicates a preliminary determination that the
mark is not distinctive of the applicant’s goods.
InterNACHI member Joel Doherty with help from member Russell Spriggs of the Idaho
State InterNACHI Chapter came up with a great tagline. Joel and Russell graciously donated their creative work to InterNACHI and InterNACHI members
in good standing may now use this great tagline
Thank you Joel and Russell!