InterNACHI® Master Instructor, Training Partner, Chapter President, and Mentor:
Jeff Merritt, InterNACHI® Chapter President. www.homesteadinspectionsllc.com. Hillside, IL. (773) 457-4542. email@example.com. InterNACHI Chapter President.
To become an IL-licensed home inspector, complete the following steps:
- Take InterNACHI's free, online 77-Hour Pre-Licensing Course (free & online for members).
- Perform 5 supervised Field Inspection Events (see below for details).
- Send to InterNACHI® (firstname.lastname@example.org) proof of performing 5 supervised Field Inspection Events using the required form.
- Download the course certificate of completion (members-only) and email InterNACHI® (email@example.com) for a final transcript.
- Pass the Illinois Home Inspector License Exam (through the state's exam system).
- Submit an application and fee to the state.
State Disclaimer: Course approvals by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation do not constitute an endorsement of views or opinions which are expressed by the course sponsor, instructors, authors, or lecturers. The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation does not recommend individual branding, schools, products, memberships or services.
Step 1: Take InterNACHI's Free, Online 77-hour Pre-Licensing Course
77-Hour Pre-Licensing Course Topics:
- Attic, Insulation, Ventilation, and Interior
- Roof Inspections
- Residential Plumbing
- Residential Electrical
- HVAC Systems
- Structural Issues
- Fireplaces, Stoves & Chimneys
- Appliance Inspections
- Illinois Standards of Practice and Legal Issues
Step 2: Download Certificate of Completion & Request Transcript
After completing the 77-hour pre-licensing course and the 5 field inspections, download the certificate of completion from your InterNACHI® account.
Email InterNACHI® (firstname.lastname@example.org
) and request a final transcript. This transcript document is required to be attached to the application that you will send to the state.
Step 3: Pass the Illinois Home Inspector License Exam (through the state's exam system).
Visit the Illinois website for details.
Step 4: Perform 5 Supervised Field Inspection Events
"Field Inspection Event" means an examination and evaluation of the exterior and interior components of an actual residential real property conducted by a candidate for a home inspection license under the supervision of a licensed home inspector with at least 5 years experience.
To complete the 5 Field Inspection Events required by the state, contact one of InterNACHI's approved Illinois-licensed home inspectors who are qualified to supervise your 5 Field Inspection Events. The inspection events can not be completed in one day (according to the state). The supervisor inspectors are listed below.
Please use our list of required and qualified inspectors below. The 5 Field Inspection Events are required as part of your application process for the state and must be completed before receiving your final transcript. You cannot take the state exam until the field events and your transcript have been submitted to the state. The supervising inspectors may have additional requirements or fees for the training and supervision, so be sure to ask.
Inspectors Qualified to Supervise Field Inspection Events
- Jeff Merritt. License # 450.000756. (773) 457-4542. email@example.com. Chicago.
- Daniel Cullen. License # 450.000570. (312) 488-1461. Chicago.
- William Decker. License # 450.0002240. (847) 676-8393. Skokie.
- Michael Spaargaren. License # 450.000653. (773) 429-9711. Chicago.
- Justin Castronova. License # 450.003085. 773-429-9711. Chicago.
- Charles Bellefontaine. License # 450.000131. (630) 327-2700. Northbrook.
Interested in becoming a qualified supervising inspector? Email firstname.lastname@example.org..
Step 5: Send to InterNACHI® Proof of Performing 5 Inspection Events
This step is critical. Without sending proof of your 5 Field Inspection Events to InterNACHI®, we can not confirm your licensing data with the state.
Step 6: Submit an application and fee to the state.
Visit the Illinois website for details.
More Free Resources for Illinois Home Inspectors:
Everything you need to be a successful home inspector in Illinois is at www.nachi.org/licensing-and-certification/us/illinois.
Frequently Asked Questions:
View 2017 approval of Illinois Online Pre-Licensing Course.
453.00163. Expiration 12/31/2017.