This is an Agreement between you, the undersigned Client, and us, the Inspector, pertaining to our inspection of the fireplace and chimney at:
___________________________________________________________________________The terms below govern this Agreement.
- You will pay us $__________ for our inspection. You have paid us a deposit of $__________.
- Payment of the inspection fee (less any deposit noted above) is due when we complete the inspection. If the Client is a corporation, LLC, or similar entity, you personally guarantee payment of the fee.
- The inspection shall include examination of readily accessible and visible portions of solid-fuel-burning, low-heat fireplaces and chimneys. It will substantially comply with the International Phase I Standards of Practice for Inspecting Fireplaces and Chimneys. You may review these Standards at: www.nachi.org/comsop.htm#18
- We will provide you with a written report of our opinions.
- The report format we will use will be the standard Phase I Fireplace and Chimney Inspection Report which is a checklist based on the aforementioned standards. You may review the checklist by visiting: www.nachi.org/fireplace-chimney-inspection-report
- All fireplaces and chimneys should be inspected prior to the first use, and not less than annually.
- We assume no liability for the cost of repair or replacement of unreported defects or deficiencies either current or arising in the future. You agree that in all cases our liability shall be limited to liquidated damages in an amount not greater than the fee you paid us. You agree that in all cases our liability shall be limited to liquidated damages in an amount not greater than the fee you paid us. You waive any claim for consequential, exemplary, special or incidental damages or for the loss of the use of the home/building.
- If you believe you have a claim against us, you agree to provide us with the following: (1) written notification of adverse conditions within seven days of discovery; and (2) immediate access to the premises. Failure to comply with these conditions releases us from liability.
- If a court declares any provision of this Agreement invalid, the remaining provisions remain in effect. This Agreement represents our entire agreement; there are no terms or promises other than those set forth herein. No statement or promise by us shall be binding unless reduced to writing and signed by one of our authorized officers. Any modification of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by you and by one of our authorized officers. This Agreement shall be binding upon and enforceable by the parties and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assignees. You will have no cause of action against us after one year from the date of the inspection.
- If there is more than one Client, you are signing on behalf of all of them, and you represent that you are authorized to do so.