Free, Online Continuing Education (DBPR-Approved) for Florida Mold Assessors and Mold Remediators
Licensing for Mold Assessors & Remediators:
Florida's Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) is responsible
for licensing and regulating mold assessors and mold remediators. For more details, visit the Florida DBPR website
for the mold-related services licensing program.
According to a declaratory statement by G. W. Harrell, Florida DBPR
Director, on March 28, 2013, a Florida-licensed home inspector:
- "may inspect, sample, and identify visible mold, assuming the
visible mold discovered during the home inspection is less 10 square
feet in area," and
- "is allowed to advertise mold testing, sampling, and inspections
within the scope of licensure as a home inspector, so long as he/she
does not use the terms "certified mold assessor," "registered mold
assessor," "licensed mold assessor," "mold assessor," "professional mold
assessor," or any combination thereof stating or implying licensure as a
- Become a Certified Mold Inspector.
- Read the statement as a PDF download.
14-Hour Mold Continuing Education Course (free & online for members):
Florida-licensed Mold Assessors and Mold Assessors and Mold Remediators are required to complete at least fourteen (14) hours of Continuing Education (CE) prior to the expiration of their license. The training must include six hours of water (moisture intrusion); four hours of mold and mold safety; 2 hours of report writing; and 2 hours of standards of practice as described in Rule 61-31.504 FAC.
InterNACHI's Florida Mold Assessor & Remediator CE Course is approved by Florida Mold Related Services Licensing Board. Scroll down this page to view the course approval.
InterNACHI's free, online "Florida Mold Assessor & Remediator CE Course" counts for:
- 14 total CE credit hours; which includes
- 6 hours of water or moisture intrusion (W/MI);
- 4 hours of mold and mold safety (M/MS);
- 2 hours of report writing (RW); and
- 2 hours of standards of practice (SOP) as described in Rule 61-31.504, FAC.
Everything for Florida Inspectors:
More Information for Florida Inspectors:
View approval letter of the mold CE course.