U.S. EPA Renovation, Repair and Painting Program

EPA's Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule (RRP Rule) requires that firms performing renovation, repair, and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in homes, child care facilities and pre-schools built before 1978 have their firm certified by EPA (or an EPA authorized state), use certified renovators who are trained by EPA-approved training providers and follow lead-safe work practices.

To become EPA Lead-Safe Certified:

InterNACHI's online Lead-Safe Certified RRP Course
    Step #1:
    Register for InterNACHI's EPA-approved 8-hour training class, which includes 6 hours of online training and 2 hours of hands-on training at InterNACHI's training facility in Boulder, Colorado, USA. Register and pay for the 8-hour training class
    Step #2:
    Complete the 6-hour online portion. You'll receive access to the 6-hour online training portion ONLY AFTER you register and pay for the entire class ($350 for non-members, $300 for members).
    Step #3:
    Complete the 2-hour hands-on portion at InterNACHI's training facility in Boulder, CO. The final certificate of completion will be provided at the end of the hands-on training at InterNACHI training facility. *Notice: No courses scheduled at this time. 
    Step #4:
    Submit a fee payment and the final certificate of completion to the EPA. For additional details, visit the EPA website

    Learn how the RRP program applies to you:

    Additional information about the RRP Program:


    Questions? Need help?  

    Address all inquiries about this training opportunity to Ben Gromicko, Director of Education, at ben@internachi.org.


    Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Course

    Course # 3008

    Overall Total