4-Point Inspection Agreement
4-POINT INSPECTION AGREEMENT
This is an Agreement between you, the undersigned Client, and us, the
Inspector, pertaining to our 4-point inspection of the Property at:
The terms below govern this Agreement.
1. You will pay us $__________ for our 4-point inspection (inspection). You have paid us a deposit of $__________.
2. We will perform a 4-point inspection of the property consistent with
insurance industry standards and provide you with a written report.
3. A 4-point inspection is a very limited inspection. It is not nearly as comprehensive as a residential home inspection.
4. Our inspection and report are for your use only. You give us
permission to discuss observations with real estate agents, insurers,
owners, repair persons, or other interested parties. You will be the
sole owner of the report and all rights to it. We are not responsible
for use or misinterpretation by third parties, and third parties who
rely on it in any way do so at their own risk and release us (including
employees and business entities) from any liability whatsoever. If you
or any person acting on your behalf provide the report to a third party
who then sues you and/or us, you release us for any liability agree to
pay our costs and legal fees in defending any action naming us. Our
report is in no way a guarantee or warranty, express or implied,
regarding the future use, operability, habitability or suitability of
the home/building or its components. We disclaim all warranties, express
or implied, to the fullest extent allowed by law.
5. We assume no liability for the cost of repair or replacement of
unreported defects or deficiencies either current or arising in the
future. You agree that in all cases our liability shall be limited to
liquidated damages in an amount not greater than the fee you paid us.
You waive any claim for consequential, exemplary, special or incidental
damages or for the loss of the use of the home/building. You
acknowledge that the liquidated damages are not a penalty, but that we
intend them to (i) reflect the fact that actual damages may be difficult
and impractical to ascertain; (ii) allocate risk between us; and (iii)
enable us to perform the inspection for the agreed upon fee.
6. We do not perform engineering, architectural, plumbing, or any other
job function requiring an occupational license in the jurisdiction where
the property is located. If we hold a valid occupational license, we
may inform you of this and you may hire us to perform additional
functions. Any agreement for such additional services shall be in a
7. If you believe you have a claim against us, you agree to provide us
with the following: (1) written notification of adverse conditions
within seven days of discovery; and (2) immediate access to the
premises. Failure to comply with these conditions releases us from
8. You agree that any litigation arising out of this Agreement shall be
filed only in the Court having jurisdiction in the County where we have
our principal place of business. If you fail to prove any claim against
us, you agree to pay all our legal costs, expenses and fees incurred in
defending that claim. You agree that any legal action against InterNACHI itself, allegedly arising out of this Agreement or our membership in InterNACHI, must be brought only in the District Court of Boulder County, Colorado. Before bringing any such action, you must provide InterNACHI with 30 days’ written notice of the nature of the claim. In any action against us or InterNACHI, you waive trial by jury.
9. If a court declares any provision of this Agreement invalid, the
remaining provisions remain in effect. This Agreement represents our
entire agreement; there are no terms or promises other than those set
forth herein. No statement or promise by us shall be binding unless
reduced to writing and signed by one of our authorized officers. Any
modification of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by you and
by one of our authorized officers. This Agreement shall be binding upon
and enforceable by the parties and their heirs, executors,
administrators, successors and assignees. You will have no cause of
action against us after one year from the date of the inspection.
10. Payment of the inspection fee (less any deposit noted above) is due
when we complete the inspection. You agree to pay all costs and
attorney’s fees incurred in collecting the fee owed to us. If the
Client is a corporation, LLC, or similar entity, you personally
guarantee payment of the fee.
11. If you request a re-inspection, the re-inspection is subject to the terms of this Agreement.
12. You may not assign this Agreement.
13. If a court finds any term of this Agreement ambiguous or that it
otherwise requires judicial interpretation, the court shall not construe
that term against us by reason of the rule that any ambiguity in a
document is construed against the party drafting it. You had the
opportunity to consult qualified counsel before signing this Agreement.
14. If there is more than one Client, you are signing on behalf of all
of them, and you represent that you are authorized to do so.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT. I AGREE TO IT AND ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIVING A COPY OF IT.