As the inspection industry moves toward doing more work for home sellers and as inspectors are seeking more ways to add value to their services without additional cost, a robust and unified upload and download system with multiple benefits has now been universally adopted. Nearly every inspection software company
, report form vendor, and testing laboratory is now FetchReport Friendly
To Use FetchReport:
1. Access and create your reports by going to https://www.nachi.org/my/reports
2. Click "Upload New Report" - the green button on the right.
3. Choose your PDF file and enter the details of the report and the client's email address. It will be automatically sent to the client.
4. If the client loses the link, send them to https://www.nachi.org/fetchreport
Uploading reports to FetchReport.com offers a number of advantages to everyone, some of which include:
Advantages to the real estate agent:
- Real estate agents receive the inspection reports faster and can share them with repair contractors to get estimates faster.
- Real estate agents can download, read and print the reports easily.
- Real estate agents can provide potential buyers a link (from the pages on their website that promote a particular property) to access all the home's reports for seller inspection marketing purposes.
- Real estate agents can become acquainted with an easy-to-use, unified system for all the home sales they are involved with regardless of which inspector they use, regardless of how each inspector generates the reports, regardless of what supporting documentation or laboratory reports are desired, and regardless of what type of inspections are performed.
- Real estate agents can provide added value (in terms of third party discount coupons and gift certificates*) to their clients through reports uploaded to FetchReport.com.
Advantages to the client:
- Clients can receive the inspection reports faster and can provide others with access.
- Clients can download, read and print the reports easily.
- Sellers can provide potential buyers a link to access all the home's reports for seller inspection marketing purposes.
- Potential buyers can access past inspection reports when considering whether or not to tour a home.
- Clients enjoy added value (in terms of third party discount coupons and gift certificates*) found in reports uploaded to FetchReport.com.
Advantages to the inspector:
- Inspectors can upload their reports easily.
- Inspectors can control who gets access to uploaded reports.
- Inspectors can upload the reports under one unified system regardless of what software or forms they used to generate the report.
- Inspectors can upload information from various types inspections, laboratory analysis reports, and supporting documentation using one unified system.
- Inspectors can provide added value (in terms of third party discount coupons and gift certificates*) to their inspection reports. FetchReport hopes to soon provide so much added value to uploaded reports that consumers (who have no need for an inspection otherwise) order one anyway, just to acquire the downloadable gift certificates.
- Inspectors enjoy added marketing exposure to potential clients who view reports of inspections performed on homes they considered, but did not purchase.
Other uses for FetchReport that are developing:
- Use of the system by home insurance companies.
- Use of the system for marketing foreclosed homes to online buyers.
- Use of the system to move toward Pay-Per-View report downloading.
- Use of the system by real estate companies to mass market listings.