The Bill is very InterNACHI friendly:
1. No mention of any trade association (No association bias).
2. No specific mention of weak NHIE leaving the door open for InterNACHI's superior
CMIE https://www.nachi.org/cmi.htm :
"Approve an examination for licensure that is accepted by a national association
of home inspectors or national associations of home inspectors the board recognizes;"
3. Reciprocity for the future:
"Establish procedures and requirements for reciprocity of a person licensed or
certified in another state;"
5. A death to scumbags clause (Some associations permit the bribing of REALTORs and permits its members
to offer to correct defects found on an inspection):
"Establish a code of ethics for persons licensed and registered under this chapter.
The code shall specify guidelines for acting honestly and in good faith toward
a client and avoiding conflicts of interest."
6. Plenty of time to meet requirements.
Nick Gromicko will be discussing Ohio home inspection licensing in Columbus on
November 12th at: www.ohnachi.org Don't miss this meeting!