Plain English version of InterNACHI's General Release (scroll down for original version):
I, the undersigned, release you, the inspector identified below, from any liability for any claims I may have (or may later discover) against you arising out of your inspection of my property. The terms below govern this release.
1. In return for this release, you have paid me $_____. I understand this will be the sole consideration for this release.
2. This release applies to your subsidiaries and their respective principals, affiliates, related entities, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, employees and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns.
3. I sign this release on behalf of myself and all others with an interest in the property and/or the claims, and I represent that I am authorized to do so. This document shall be binding on my heirs, successors, and assigns.
4. The terms of this settlement are confidential. Neither party may disclose the terms of this settlement, except pursuant to a subpoena or as required by law. The parties agree not to disparage each other in any way, in any form. I will make no public statements of any kind pertaining to the inspector or the inspection, except pursuant to a subpoena or as required by law.
5. This release contains the entire agreement between us on this matter. There are no other terms or promises that are not set forth in this release.
6. If I bring an action in violation of this release and do not prevail, I agree to pay your reasonable attorney’s fees and costs incurred in defending that action.
Inspector’s name and address:
Original version of InterNACHI's General Release:
TO ALL TO WHOM THESE PRESENTS SHALL COME OR MAY CONCERN, KNOW THAT your client , as the RELEASOR, for good and valuable consideration received from abc inspections, as the RELEASEE, the receipt and adequacy of which is hereby acknowledged, each hereby releases and discharges the RELEASEE, each of the RELEASEE’S subsidiaries and their respective principals, affiliates, related entities, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, employees and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns from all actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, sums of money, accounts, reckonings, bonds, bills, specialties, covenants, controversies, agreements, promises, variances, trespasses, damages, judgments, extents, executions, claims, and demands whatsoever, in law, admiralty or equity, which against the RELEASEE, the RELEASOR and the RELEASOR’S heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns ever had, now have or hereafter can, shall or may, have for, upon or by reason of any matter, cause or thing whatsoever from the beginning of the world to the day of the date of this RELEASE solely in connection with the home inspection services performed by abc inspections arising out of that certain home inspection dated date of inspection.
Whenever the text hereof requires, the use of singular number shall include the appropriate plural number as the text of the within instrument may require.
(For a Corporation)
___________________________ By: ______________________________________
(For an individual)