Welcome to InterNACHI's free, online West Virginia Licensure Law & Regulations for Home Inspectors.
Take the free, online course now.
The goal of this course is to teach the student the process and regulations governing home certification in West Virginia and the standards of practice to which a home inspector performs a home inspection as set by the Office of the State Fire Marshall.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
perform a home inspection according to the Standards of Practice;
- list the systems and components required to be inspected;
- distinguish between what is required and what is not required to be inspected;
- define what a home inspection is; and
- explain the process for obtaining and maintaining a home inspector certification in West Virginia.
And, in keeping with InterNACHI's commitment to Continuing Education, this course is free to all members, and can be taken again and again, without limit.
- 2 InterNACHI CE credit hours;
- 8,132 words;
- 7 quizzes;
- 20-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
- instant grading; and
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion.
You will learn the following:
- Definitions & Scope
- Qualifications for Certification, Procedure, Expiration and Renewal, & Fees
- Prohibited acts, Penalty for non-compliance, & Reciprocity
- General Standards of Practice, Limitations, & Exclusions
- Structural Components
- Central Air Conditioning
- Insulation & Ventilation
- Built-in Kitchen appliances
- Responsibilities of the home inspector
- Display of Certification
- Causes for Denial or Suspension of Certification
- Disposition of Complaints
- Appeal of Denial of Certification
- Hearing Procedure