How to Inspect Air Conditioning Systems Course
Welcome to InterNACHI's free, online How to Inspect Air Conditioning Systems Course.
The goal of this course is to teach inspectors how to inspect residential air conditioning systems.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- identify and describe the air conditioning system and related components;
- operate the air conditioning system using normal operating controls;
- locate and describe the thermostat for the air conditioning system; and
- communicate in writing defects observed at the air conditioning system.
- 21,422 words;
- 22 minutes of instructional video;
- inspection and writing assignment;
- research and writing assignment;
- 89 quiz questions in 12 quizzes;
- 60-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
- instant grading;
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion.
This course covers the following topics:
- InterNACHI's Standards of Practice
- Cooling methods
- Parts of an air conditioner
- Air cleaners and filters
- Efficiency ratings
- Central air conditioning
- Room air conditioning
- Evaporative coolers
- Radiant cooling
- Natural cooling strategies
- Compression cooling article
In keeping with InterNACHI's commitment to Continuing Education, this course is open and free to all members and can be taken again and again, without limit.
Reminder to members: InterNACHI's Code of Ethics
1.10 requires that you comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where you conduct business. InterNACHI's courses and Standards generally exceed the Standards of Practice that you are required to abide by locally.
This course has been approved by:
Upon completion of this course and passing of the 60-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool), the student can download and print their own Certificate of Completion
which is auto-generated in their own name.
The student's (InterNACHI member's) information is recorded on InterNACHI's servers for membership compliance verification and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log.
Non-members may view only the first page of the course.
InterNACHI... #1 in inspection education.
Some features which make InterNACHI's courses superior to existing continuing education options:
- The course is free for all InterNACHI members.
- The course is written in pure XHTML code for quick loading. The course loads fine on old computers and loads fast, even with dial-up.
- The course is designed using a hierarchal menu coupled with a sequential page navigation. This provides the student with the option to easily repeat areas of weakness.
- The course permits the student to start, stop and restart any part of the course as often as desired.
- There are a variety of images within the course, including diagrams, illustrations and photos.
- The illustrations can be enlarged for clearer viewing by clicking on them.
- The text is integrated into InterNACHI's Inspector Glossary. Rolling over blue-colored terms provides their definition.
- The final exam uses multiple-choice questions that reference the images.
- The course's quizzes and final exam have numerous advantages over traditional exam systems:
- The course, quizzes and final exam incorporate built-in intelligence which identifies and strengthens each student's unique subject weaknesses.
- Not only is each question weighted with regard to score, but each answer is weighted, as well as the correctness of each answer being weighted.
- Answers to easy questions are weighted such that the student is penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly, but rewarded modestly for answering correctly.
- Answers to difficult questions are weighted such that the student is rewarded, in terms of score, for answering correctly, but not penalized for answering incorrectly.
- Answers to questions regarding basic safety, or questions every inspector should know the answer to, are weighted such that the student is severely penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly.
- Upon passing the final exam, the student can print out a Certificate of Completion which is auto-generated in their own name.
The student's (InterNACHI member's) information is recorded on InterNACHI's servers for membership compliance verification, and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log.
Why online inspector education is better than classroom inspector education.