EVERYONE is cordially invited to the next meeting of the Alabama Chapter of the
International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI), Monday, November 22, 2004, 6:30 PM at Hoover Library. New and veteran home inspectors, as well as members of all
other associations, are all welcome. You need not be a member of InterNACHI. Anyone
interested in home inspections can attend. Dress is casual if you like, as our
meetings are informal and fun, the way they should be.
The meeting is only $5.00 to attend for non-Alabama chapter members.
David Goodwin of Habitat for Humanity of Birmingham:
- What is Habitat for Humanity?
- What can the Alabama InterNACHI Chapter do to help?
Carl Scott of RE/MAX and President of the Birmingham Association of REALTORs:
- The importance of Home Inspections.
- What does a REALTOR look for in a Home Inspector?
- The best way to market your Home Inspection company to REALTORs.
Jeff Clark of Alabama Foundation Specialist, Inc.:
- What to look for when doing an inspection.
- What types of structural problems are serious and what types are not.
- Different types of Anchoring systems.
Joe Morris of Sunbelt Inspection Services and Alabama’s first certified EIFS
- What is EIFS?
- What is the difference between EIFS and Stucco?
- Problems with EIFS.
- The best equipment to use when doing an EIFS inspection.
- How to become an EIFS inspector.
Lots of free stuff:
- Porter Valley Software: free demos.
- Homegauge: Free demo software, pens & flashlights.
- Toolexperts: Free catalogues, tools, and door prizes.
- ITA: Free Inspection books by ITA.
- Homeinpectorsproducts.com: Free inspector clipboards.
- Carnes Engineers: Free stuff.
200 Municipal Drive
Hoover, AL 35236
- Take Exit 13 on Interstate 459, North on hwy 31, 1st right at the red light onto Municipal Drive, Library is on the left. Meeting
This Alabama Chapter and meeting were put together by:
A B Home Inspections, Inc.
Birmingham, AL 35244
Membership in InterNACHI is good for Licensing in Alabama:
InterNACHI is pleased to announce that in a letter dated August 25th, 2004 the State
of Alabama Building Commission has determined that membership in and adherence
to the ethical standards of InterNACHI by an applicant for a home inspector's license
shall be sufficient, on an interim basis.
InterNACHI applied (in 2003) and was patiently waiting for the Building Commission
to approve InterNACHI as a professional body under ALA. ADMIN. CODE r. 170-x-24-.05(1)(c)(1)
but the Commission didn't have a meeting scheduled, so the Director of the Commission
stepped in to help InterNACHI until the Commission meets and votes again.
redacted from Aug 25th letter:
Until the Building Commission can vote upon your request, the Director of the
Building Commission has determined that membership in and adherence to the ethical
standards of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors, by an applicant
for a home inspector's license shall be sufficient, on an interim basis, for purposes
of the professional qualification requirement...
Home Inspector / EIFS Coordinator
State of Alabama
This accommodation was procured in part by help from members of InterNACHI's Alabama
Chapter out of Birmingham. InterNACHI's Executive Director, Nick Gromicko, will be
present for the next Building Commission meeting.
Thank you Alabama!