The goal of this course is to teach the student how easy it is to reduce a home's energy use.
This course will teach you
how easy it is to reduce your energy use at home, including tips you can use
today. There are easy, practical solutions for saving energy throughout your
home—from the roof, walls, and insulation that enclose it, to the appliances
and lights inside. Please take a few moments to read the valuable tips to start
saving energy and money today.
Right in your own home, you
have the power to reduce energy demand, and when you reduce demand, you cut the
amount of natural resources, such as coal and gas, that are needed to make
energy. That means you can create less greenhouse gas emissions, which keeps
air cleaner for all of us… and saves on your utility bills! Plus, reducing
energy use increases our energy security.
Upon successful completion
of this course, the real estate professional will:
- understand the value of home energy inspections for current and prospective homeowners; and
- be able to provide informative
options to help homeowners cut their energy use, reduce their carbon footprint,
and increase their homes’ comfort, health, and safety.
This course has been approved by:
The course includes:
- 2 or more Continuing Education credit hours (depending upon your state);
- 14,000 words in the course;
- 16,500-word downloadable course book;
- 9 videos;
- 23 quiz questions;
- a 25-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool, 20 minutes);
- instant grading;
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion; and
- accreditations and state approvals.
The course covers the following topics:
- A Home's Energy Use
- What's a Home Energy Report?
- Start Saving Energy and Money Today
- How We use Energy in Our Homes
- Heat Loss from a House
- Should I Insulate My Home?
- Air Leaks and Energy Loss
- Heating and Cooling Systems
- Heat Pumps
- Solar Heating and Cooling
- Natural Gas and Oil Heating Systems
- Air Conditioners
- Programmable Thermostats
- Keep Your Energy Bills Out of Hot Water
- Appliances: What's the Real Cost?
- Refrigerators and Freezers
- Energy-Saving Kitchen Tips
- Laundry Appliances
- Major Appliances Shopping Guide
- Home Office Equipment and Home Electronics
- Solar-Powered Outdoor Lighting
- Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Assessments
- Professional Home Energy Audits
and No-Cost Ways to Save Energy
Upon completion of this course and passing the 25-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool), the student can download and print his/her own Certificate of Completion, which is auto-generated in the student's name.
The student's information is recorded on InterNACHI's servers for compliance verification, and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log.
This course is open and free to all real estate professionals.
Not a Member?
to access this (and every other) InterNACHI membership benefit.