South Africa: Introduction to Home Inspections Course
Welcome to InterNACHI's free, online South Africa: Introduction to Home Inspections Course.
And, in keeping with InterNACHI's commitment to Continuing Education,
this course is open and free to all members, and can be taken
again and again, without limit.
Reminder to members: InterNACHI's Code of Ethics
1.10 requires that you comply with all government rules and licensing
requirements of the jurisdiction where you conduct business.
InterNACHI's courses and Standards generally exceed the Standards of
Practice that you are required to abide by locally.
The goal of this course is to teach the South Africa home inspector to perform a home inspection according to a Standards of Practice.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
demonstrate an understanding of why a home inspection is beneficial to
home buyers and sellers; communicate the advantages and limitations of a
home inspection; and apply skills necessary to become and remain in
business as a home inspector.
- What is a Home Inspection?
- InterNACHI South Africa
- Relevant Regulatory Organizations
- Quiz #1
- Standards of Practice
- Quiz #2
- Code of Ethics
- Home Inspection VS Snagging
- Home Inspection VS Commercial Inspection
- Quiz #3
- What is Included in a Home Inspection?
- What is included in a Home Inspection?
- Functional Damage VS Cosmetic Damage
- Local Expectations
- Home Systems and Safety
- Quiz #4
- Becoming a Home Inspector
- What does it take to become a home inspector?
- Required Skills
- Quiz #5
- Inspector Education
- Education Overview
- The Business of Home Inspection
- The Clients
- Home Inspection Fees
- Quiz #6
- Inspection Reports
- Report Length
- Report Formats: Checklist and Hybrid Reports
- Narrative Reports
- Reporting methods
- Quiz #7
- 4 CE credit hours;
- 7 quizzes with 55 questions;
- 50-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
- instant grading; and
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion.