Welcome to InterNACHI's free, online South Africa: Introduction to Home Inspections Course.
And, in keeping with InterNACHI's commitment to Continuing Education,
this course is open and free to all members, and can be taken
again and again, without limit.
Reminder to members: InterNACHI's Code of Ethics
1.10 requires that you comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where you conduct business. InterNACHI's courses and Standards generally exceed the Standards of Practice that you are required to abide by locally.
The goal of this course is to teach the South Africa home inspector to perform a home inspection according to a Standards of Practice.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to: demonstrate an understanding of why a home inspection is beneficial to home buyers and sellers; communicate the advantages and limitations of a home inspection; and apply skills necessary to become and remain in business as a home inspector.
- What is a Home Inspection?
- InterNACHI South Africa
- Relevant Regulatory Organizations
- Quiz #1
- Standards of Practice
- Quiz #2
- Code of Ethics
- Home Inspection VS Snagging
- Home Inspection VS Commercial Inspection
- Quiz #3
- What is Included in a Home Inspection?
- What is included in a Home Inspection?
- Functional Damage VS Cosmetic Damage
- Local Expectations
- Home Systems and Safety
- Quiz #4
- Becoming a Home Inspector
- What does it take to become a home inspector?
- Required Skills
- Quiz #5
- Inspector Education
- Education Overview
- The Business of Home Inspection
- The Clients
- Home Inspection Fees
- Quiz #6
- Inspection Reports
- Report Length
- Report Formats: Checklist and Hybrid Reports
- Narrative Reports
- Reporting methods
- Quiz #7
- 4 CE credit hours;
- 7 quizzes with 55 questions;
- 50-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
- instant grading; and
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion.
Upon completion of this course and passing of the 50-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool), the student can download and print their own Certificate of Completion
which is auto-generated in their own name.
The student's (InterNACHI member's) information is recorded on InterNACHI's servers for membership compliance verification, and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log. It counts as four InterNACHI Continuing Education
Some features which make InterNACHI's courses superior to existing continuing education options:
- The course is free for all InterNACHI members.
- The course is written in pure XHTML code for quick loading. The course loads fine on old computers and loads fast, even with dial-up.
- The course is designed using a hierarchal menu coupled with a sequential page navigation. This provides the student with the option to easily repeat areas of weakness.
- The course permits the student to start, stop and restart any part of the course as often as desired.
- There are a variety of images within the course, including diagrams, illustrations and pictures of actual roofs.
- The illustrations can be enlarged for clearer viewing by clicking on them.
- The text is integrated into InterNACHI's Inspector Glossary. Rolling over blue-colored terms provides their definition.
- The final exam uses multiple-choice questions that reference the images.
- The course's quizzes and final exam have numerous advantages over traditional exam systems:
- The course, quizzes and final exam incorporate built-in intelligence which identifies and strengthens each student's unique subject weaknesses.
- Not only is each question weighted with regard to score, but each answer is weighted, as well as the correctness of each answer being weighted.
- Answers to easy questions are weighted such that the student is penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly, but rewarded modestly for answering correctly.
- Answers to difficult questions are weighted such that the student is rewarded, in terms of score, for answering correctly, but not penalized for answering incorrectly.
- Answers to questions regarding basic safety, or questions every inspector should know the answer to, are weighted such that the student is severely penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly.
- Upon passing the final exam, the student can print out a Certificate of Completion which is auto- generated in their own name.
The student's (InterNACHI member's) information is recorded on InterNACHI's servers for membership compliance verification, and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log.