Certified Drone Pilot Training Course
Welcome to InterNACHI's free, online Certified Drone Pilot Training Course.
This course is designed to help members pass the Airman Knowledge
Test (AKT) required to attain a Remote Pilot Certificate from the U.S. Federal Aviation
Administration (FAA). You will need the Certificate to be considered a
certified commercial drone pilot in order to legally operate a drone for
property inspections. The course covers the main knowledge areas to prepare for
the AKT, which must be taken in person at an FAA-approved testing center. This
course does not certify you; it is intended to help you prepare you for the
FAA’s AKT. Visit the FAA site for more information
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to understand:
- the requirements to become a drone pilot;
- the effects of weather on small unmanned aircraft performance;
- radio communication procedures; and
- the physiological factors that affect pilot performance.
- 43,549 words;
- online videos and graphics;
- Inspection and Writing Assignment;
- Research and Writing Assignment;
- 68 quiz questions in 9 quizzes;
- a 60-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
- instant grading; and
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion.
In keeping with InterNACHI's commitment to Continuing Education, this course is open and free to all members, and can be taken again and again, without limit.
This course covers the following topics:
- Aviation Weather Sources
- Effects of Weather on Aircraft Performance
- Emergency Procedures
- Radio Communication Procedures
- Small Unmanned Aircraft Loading
- Airport Operations
- Maintenance Procedures
- Preflight Inspection Procedures
- Aeronautical Decision-Making and Judgment
Reminder to members: InterNACHI's Code of Ethics
1.10 requires that you comply with all government rules and
licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where you conduct
business. InterNACHI's courses and Standards generally exceed the
Standards of Practice that you are required to abide by locally.
This course has been approved by: