Home Energy Score for Real Estate Professionals Course
Check your local regulating body to confirm this course is approved for Real Estate Continuing Education credits.
Welcome to InterNACHI's free, online Home Energy Score for Real Estate Professionals Course. Licensed real estate professionals can log into the course by creating a free account at nachi.org/realestate
InterNACHI is solely responsible for the content used in this course.
The goal of this course is to teach real estate professionals about
the United State's Department of Energy's Home Energy Score and how it helps homeowners
understand the energy performance of their homes and how they compare to
other homes nationwide.
Upon successful completion of this course, the real estate professional will be able to:
- describe the information Home Energy Score provides;
- state the type of house data required to be collected in order to generate a Home Energy Score;
- communicate to homeowners the energy efficiency upgrades that are recommended by the Home Energy Score.
This course has been approved by:
The course includes:
- 2 or more Continuing Education credit hours (depending on your state);
- 4,400 words;
- 85 minutes of training video;
- 6-question quiz;
- a 20-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
- instant grading;
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion; and
- accreditations and state approvals.
The course covers the following topics:
- Home Energy Score
- Qualified Assessor
- Information for Homeowners
- Assessment vs. Audit
- When Should a Homeowner Get a Score?
- What Homeowners Need to Know
- Specific Guidelines
- Home Energy Score Partners
- Calculation Methodology
- Home Energy Score Accuracy
- Home Energy Scoring Tool for an Asset Rating
Upon completion of this course and passing the 20-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool), the student can
download and print his/her own Certificate of Completion, which is auto-generated in the student's name.
The student's information is recorded on InterNACHI's
servers for compliance verification, and automatically logs
completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log. It counts
as two InterNACHI Continuing Education
hours (2 CEU).
This course is open and free to all real estate professionals. And, in keeping with InterNACHI's commitment to Continuing
Education, this online training course is open and free to
all real estate professionals, and can be taken again and again, without limit.
InterNACHI, the International Association of Certified Home
Inspectors, is the world’s largest organization of residential and
commercial property inspectors who perform more than 10,000 property
inspections every day. As a federally tax-exempt, 501(c)(6) non-profit,
InterNACHI provides professional training, accredited education