InterNACHI® Vision and Mission Statement
Reviewed in January 2018
The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors – InterNACHI® – is a federally tax-exempt, 501(c)(6) non-profit membership trade organization headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. InterNACHI® is one of the world’s largest trade organizations of residential and commercial property inspectors.
Inspecting the World®
InterNACHI® continues its leadership role as one of the world's largest trade organizations of certified property inspectors, and enhances the home inspection profession by offering a high-quality, online avocational certificate program and courses to its members through the InterNACHI School.
InterNACHI® School Mission
The InterNACHI School is dedicated to providing members with online courses and a Home Inspector Certificate Program that combines the basic foundation of traditional education in an e-learning format format to enable them to meet their academic and professional goals. Read the Student Catalog
Provide sound, up-to-date, high-quality, and demonstrably effective Continuing Education, e-learning courses, and a certificate program to students for free.
- Objective: Develop courses that combine a basic foundation of traditional education in a distance-learning format to enable students to meet their academic and professional goals.
- Objective: Continuously build and maintain a certificate program for members.
- Objective: Obtain institutional and programmatic approval and accreditation from governmental and non-governmental regulating agencies.
Increase and strengthen the number of satisfied students, successful inspection businesses, and productive workforce in local communities throughout the world.
- Objective: Provide valuable membership benefits.
- Objective: Commit to participation and involvement in the professional lives of our students.
- Objective: Develop effective business and marketing products and services for members.
- Objective: Continue to build and enhance our education system and student services.
- Objective: Ensure student satisfaction and achievement.
Welcome students regardless of age, race, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, or religion to a tuition-free, avocational certificate program with fair, ethical, admission, and enrollment practices.
- Objective: Offer memberships around the world to individuals with different backgrounds and experiences.
- Objective: Keep the certificate program and e-learning education courses free to students.
- Objective: Ensure proper and ethical administration of all financial aspects as 501(c)(6) through transparency.
InterNACHI members follow a comprehensive Standards of Practice
and are bound by a strict Code of Ethics
. The membership takes part in the regular exchange of professional experiences and ideas to support each other. InterNACHI maintains an Inspection Forum
and lists local Chapters
in support of this exchange of information. InterNACHI provides its members with other means of direct and membership-wide communication to further their understanding of their particular roles in the inspection industry and how best to serve their clients. The benefits of this cross-communication enhance the members’ ability to build their businesses and develop specialized ancillary services.
In fulfilling this fundamental objective of training and mentoring its inspector-members, InterNACHI’s broader mission is to educate homeowners by helping them understand the functions, materials, systems and components of their properties. InterNACHI inspectors are committed to providing consistent, accessible and trusted information to their clients about their properties' condition.
International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)
1750 30th Street, Suite 301,
Boulder, CO 80301 USA
U.S. DUNS #015117501
Founded in 1994
To find a certified home inspector,