Nevada Home Inspectors Standards of Practice & Legal Rules Course
The goal of this course is to teach the home inspector how to perform inspections according to the Nevada Standards of Practice and Legal Rules based on the Nevada Administrative Code for Inspectors of Structures.
And, in keeping with InterNACHI's commitment to Continuing Education, this online training course is open and free to all Nevada members, and can be taken again and again, without limit.
Reminder to members: InterNACHI's Code of Ethics
1.10 requires that you comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where you conduct business. InterNACHI's courses and Standards generally exceed the Standards of Practice that you are required to abide by locally.
This course has been approved by:
The "Nevada Home Inspectors Standards of Practice and Legal Rules" course includes:
- 4 Continuing Education credit hours;
- 23,800 words;
- 90 quiz questions;
- a 50-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
- instant grading;
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion; and
- accreditations and state approvals.
The course covers the following categories:
of Practice [NAC 645D.450 to NAC 645D.470, NAC 645D.4355.1.(a), NAC
645D.4355.1.(b), and NAC 645.4355.2.(d).]
- Nevada SOP:
Standards of Conduct
Structures [NAC 645D.480 to NAC 645D.580, and NAC 645D.4355.2.(d).]
- Interior Components
- Built-In Kitchen Appliances
- Insulation & Ventilation
- Plumbing Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Heating Systems
- Air-Conditioning Systems
- Exterior Components
- Roofing Components
- Structural Systems
- Site of Structure
Legal, Certification, and Enforcement [NAC 645D.600 to NAC 645D.660, NAC
645D.700 to NAC 645D.730, NAC 645D.210 to NAC 645D.230, and NAC
- Nevada SOP: Miscellaneous
- NV Rules: Complaints; Disciplinary
- Miscellaneous Certification
Administration of Laws and Regulations Governing Inspections of Structures [NRS 645D.010, NRS 645D.020, NRS 645D.050, NRS
645D.053, NRS 645D.057, NRS 645D.080, NRS 645D.110, NRS 645D.120, NRS
645D.125, NRS 645D.130, NRS 645D.135, NRS 645D.140, NRS 645D.150, NRS
645D.160, NRS 645D.170, NRS 645D.180, NRS 645D.190, NRS 645D.200, NRS
645D.205, NRS 645D.240, NRS 645D.690, NRS 645D.700, NRS 645D.710.]
- Introduction to NRS 645D
- Duty of Division; restrictions
- Adoption of regulations
- Authority for Division
- Fees Charged and Collected by the Division
- Record Keeping by the Division
- Records that are Confidential
- Money Collected by Division
- Attorney General Duties
- Required Certificate or License
- Definition of Inspector
- Energy Auditor Defined
- Application Submission
- Proof of Insurance
- Denial of Certification
- Denial of License
- Disciplinary Proceedings
- Grounds for Disciplinary Action
- Unprofessional Conduct of Certified Inspector
and Legal Case Law [NAC 645D.4355.2.(a).]
- Burbach v. Analytical Labs
- Campbell v. Groves
- Dicker v. Housemaster
- Drullinsky v. Tauscher
- Freeman v. Duhamel
- Goldstein v. Carnell
- Gray v. Sullivan
- Grzymala v. Mckeon
- 12 Steps That Help Home Inspectors
Employee Provisions, and Business Operations [NAC
- Business Requirements and Office
- Forms of Inspection Businesses
- Scheduling an Inspection
Upon completion of this course and passing of the 50-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool), the student can download and print his/her own Certificate of Completion, which is auto-generated in the inspector's own name.
The student's (InterNACHI member's) information is recorded on InterNACHI's servers for membership compliance verification, and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log. It counts as four InterNACHI Continuing Education
hours (4 CEU) and, with approval by the State of Nevada Real Estate Division
, will count toward Continuing Education credits sanctioned by the State of Nevada RED for 4 CEU.
Non-members may view only the first page of the course.
InterNACHI... #1 in inspection education.
Some features which make InterNACHI's courses superior to existing continuing education options:
- The course is free for all InterNACHI members.
- The course is written in pure XHTML code for quick loading. The course loads fine on old computers and loads fast, even with dial-up.
- The course is designed using a hierarchal menu coupled with a sequential page navigation. This provides the student with the option to easily repeat areas of weakness.
- The course permits the student to start, stop and restart any part of the course as often as desired.
- There are a variety of images within the course, including diagrams, illustrations and photos.
- The illustrations can be enlarged for clearer viewing by clicking on them.
- The text is integrated into InterNACHI's Inspector Glossary. Rolling over blue-colored terms provides their definition.
- The final exam uses multiple-choice questions that reference the images.
- The course's quizzes and final exam have numerous advantages over traditional exam systems:
- The course, quizzes and final exam incorporate built-in intelligence which identifies and strengthens each student's unique subject weaknesses.
- Not only is each question weighted with regard to score, but each answer is weighted, as well as the correctness of each answer being weighted.
- Answers to easy questions are weighted such that the student is penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly, but rewarded modestly for answering correctly.
- Answers to difficult questions are weighted such that the student is rewarded, in terms of score, for answering correctly, but not penalized for answering incorrectly.
- Answers to questions regarding basic safety, or questions every inspector should know the answer to, are weighted such that the student is severely penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly.
- Upon passing the final exam, the student can print out a Certificate of Completion which is auto-generated in their own name.
The student's (InterNACHI member's) information is recorded on InterNACHI's servers for membership compliance verification, and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log.