Welcome to InterNACHI's free, online Illinois Safe Practices and Sexual Harassment Prevention Course.
Take the free, online course now.
The goal of this course is to teach Illinois home inspectors how to effectively communicate, resolve issues, and identify, prevent, and react to sexual harassment in the workplace. The course will cover Illinois law, examples of sexual harassment, and an individual's rights.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will:
- have methods and techniques available to enact successful and professional communication with clients;
- be able to identify what sexual harassment is, including its forms and types;
- know the actionable options available in case one experiences or witnesses unwelcome sexual contact;
- know what options are available in Illinois, within a company, and among U.S. federal entities for reporting sexual harassment; and
- know what whistle-blower protections are in place for those who intend to report sexual harassment.
This course includes information on sexual harassment from the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) and the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC), used with their permission.
This course includes:
- 4 Illinois CE credit hours;
- 1 InterNACHI® CE credit hour;
- 16,784 words;
- two research and writing assignments;
- 25 quiz questions (drawn from a larger pool);
- 25-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
- instant grading; and
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion.
The student will learn the following topics:
- Illinois Regulations
- Effective Communication
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
- Reporting Sexual Harassment
- Whistle-Blower Protections
- Employer Responsibilities
- Small Business Owners
- Introduction to Inspector Safety
- Basic Tools & Tips
- Ladder Operation & Safety
- The Exterior
- Heating Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Unusual Hazards in Problem Homes
- Post-Disaster Inspections
- Animal & Pest Hazards
- What to Do in Case of Injury
Sexual Harassment Training for Illinois Home Inspectors Course
Course # 4626
Estimated hours for the average student
|Reading online course instructional material at 140 words per minute|
Taking the exam
Conducting two directed and independent research studies on sexual harassment and communication
Submitting two research and writing assignments
Studying and reviewing instructional material in preparation for taking quizzes and exam
Reading the downloaded student course book, including taking the quizzes with the book
Reading, research and studying related to completing the research and writing assignment
10.0 clock hours
Reminder to members: InterNACHI's Code of Ethics
1.10 requires that you comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where you conduct business. InterNACHI's courses and Home Inspection Standards of Practice
generally exceed the standards of practice that you are required to abide by locally.
This course has been approved by:
Not a member of InterNACHI®?