South Africa: Standards of Practice Course
Welcome to InterNACHI's free, online South Africa: Standards of Practice course.
The goal of this course is to teach the student how to perform an inspection according to InterNACHI's South African Standards of Practice. It covers the various components and systems that should be inspected and those that need not be inspected.
After successful completion of
this course, the student will be able to:
- perform an inspection of a home according to the South African Standards;
- define the systems and components of the Standards; and
- list and describe the systems and components of the Standards.
This class is free to InterNACHI members and non-members alike, and can be taken as often as desired with no penalty for failure. In keeping with our educational policies, this course counts 4 hours toward InterNACHI South Africa’s annual Continuing Education requirements.
Reminder to members: InterNACHI's Code of Ethics
1.10 requires that you comply with all government rules and licensing
requirements of the jurisdiction where you conduct business.
InterNACHI's courses and Standards generally exceed the Standards of
Practice that you are required to abide by locally.
- Definitions and Scope
- Limitations, Exceptions, & Exclusions
- Roof Inspection
- Exterior Inspection
- Foundation and Structure
- Cellar, Under-floor Spaces & Structure
- Heating Systems
- Fireplace Inspection
- Cooling Systems
- Plumbing Inspection
- Roofspace Inspection
- Doors, Windows & Interior
- 4 CPD (or Continuing Education) credit hours;
- 75 quiz quizzes;
- 100-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
- instant grading; and
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion.